Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Does anybody know

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Caller ID

Old 01-12-2003, 12:46   #1
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Caller ID

Just to let you know we can now add on caller ID in the Celtic region (Scotland, Wales, Belfast)

As per other regions it is £1.00 a month
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2003, 12:51   #2
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: Caller ID

Nice one Dezzo-thanks for letting us know.

I'll make this thread a 'sticky' so it sits at the top of the forum.

[Edit]-Is there any way you can obtain a definitive list for us of what regions do & don't offer caller I.D? As it is one of the most sought after products in ntl's range!

Thx.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:56   #3
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

I'll see what I can do.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 13:06   #4
gary_580

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
Just to let you know we can now add on caller ID in the Celtic region (Scotland, Wales, Belfast)

As per other regions it is £1.00 a month

Any news on getting it for the Peterborough region?
Old 01-12-2003, 13:08   #5
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Gtr. Manchester (Oldham/Rochdale Area)?
downquark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 13:14   #6
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array

People-why don't you just wait to see what Dezzo can find out?

There's little point in everyone posting their region until he posts back.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 13:27   #7
gary_580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
People-why don't you just wait to see what Dezzo can find out?

There's little point in everyone posting their region until he posts back.

Sorry didnt see your edit
Old 01-12-2003, 15:00   #8
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1

Sorry I know this one is a definate no no
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:29   #9
Deev
Inactive

Deev is an unknown quantity at this point

CLI has been launched in Leeds, York, Harrogate and Wearside now too.

Deev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:13   #10
JohnM
Inactive

JohnM is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it's only taken me about 4 years of asking for it.. and 2 months after I move one of my lines to BT because I can't get it... they give me it..

Typical.
JohnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 21:32   #11
JohnM
Inactive

By the way, it works perfectly - just ordered it and tested it on one of my other lines... bah
Old 08-12-2003, 21:36   #12
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My dad has just got it - he lives in Sandy in Bedfordshire.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 23:13   #13
Tristan
Inactive

Services: Telewest DTV & 4Meg BB (Bath), NTL DTV and 2Meg BB (Poole)
Tristan has reached the bronze age
Tristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze ageTristan has reached the bronze age

That NTL are working on providing Caller ID is great news.

So the obvious question: are they planning on in introducing it to any other regions, and when?
Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 16:01   #14
JohnM
Inactive

I have it on good authority that Caller ID was "always" available in glasgow (from a technical point of view), it was just never sold, for continuity-of-products-betwen-regions reasons. The fact they are actively selling it in Glasgow and other SMS regions suggests they may be looking at making it nationally available... no?
Old 07-01-2004, 17:29   #15
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
Sorry I know this one is a definate no no

mmm... but petewire, who lives in Warrington, reports on DS that CLID is available in the north-west.

I'm afraid I can't confirm this 'cos we went back to BT months ago. Main reason - so that we could get caller-ID
altis is offline   Reply With Quote