Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can you go on holiday when on the sick?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Insurance

Old 10-07-2003, 01:33   #1
tomw
Inactive

tomw is an unknown quantity at this point
Insurance

Could anybody please tell me if Animal Damage is covered by your house hold insurance . I have read my policy but they are not the clearest of things ..
The reason i ask is because our new puppy has decieded to eat the dinning room carpet.
tomw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2003, 01:34   #2
matty4donna
Inactive

matty4donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to matty4donna
Depends, each insurance policy varies, but it is probably covered.
matty4donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:39   #3
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
In what way was your animal damaged from eating the carpet?
Old 10-07-2003, 01:40   #4
matty4donna
Inactive

matty4donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to matty4donna
I think he means more the carpet was damaged from the animal eating it
matty4donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:43   #5
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Quote:
Originally posted by matty4donna
I think he means more the carpet was damaged from the animal eating it
Really???? :p
danielf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:47   #6
peterska2
Permanently Banned

peterska2 can only hope to improve
Oh dear I see this as falling into disarray very quickly.
peterska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:51   #7
tomw
Inactive

Let me just put it straight before we go off on a tangent There was no animal damage before or even after the event .
The animal damaged the carpet
fhew glad we cleared that one up early
Old 10-07-2003, 01:53   #8
peterska2
Permanently Banned

peterska2 can only hope to improve
good job there too tomw.

so the carpet has been eaten by your dog.

dont think you will be covered for that

Sorry
peterska2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:54   #9
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
Originally posted by tomw
Let me just put it straight before we go off on a tangent There was no animal damage before or even after the event .
The animal damaged the carpet
fhew glad we cleared that one up early
To add a serious note to this thread, I guess it depends on the insurance. Give them a call in the morning.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:13   #10
Martin
Inactive

Services: Sky Q, Bt Infinity
Martin has reached the bronze age
Martin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze ageMartin has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Martin
Check the small print matey. If there is always a small bit they add in for things like this.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:20   #11
tomw
Inactive

I have tried to read the small print but there dosent seem to be anything about animals in it but like you said they always seem to have a get out clause of something or another
The reason i havnt phoned is because when you call now all call are logged on a national database so as to catch unscrupulus people over claming for everything and always changing insurance companys.
But if it is something that you are covered for if you tell them i will tell them and then wait for him to eat some more as he is only a puppy and it is enevatable that he will do it again
Old 10-07-2003, 10:06   #12
gary_580

if you have accidental cover on contents your more likely to be covered. If you have standard cover very unlikely they will pay
Old 10-07-2003, 11:42   #13
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Quote:
Originally posted by tomw
Could anybody please tell me if Animal Damage is covered by your house hold insurance . I have read my policy but they are not the clearest of things ..
The reason i ask is because our new puppy has decieded to eat the dinning room carpet.
Accidental damage caused by your own animals is not normally covered. Accidental damage caused by other peoples animals is usually covered.

So if you were looking after you sisters dog who got upset and chewed up the carpet then you are covered.

If your dog got anxious and chewed up the carpet then tough.

You need the accidental damage options for any of this to be true.

I think that they consider that the dog intended to do the damage, hence it is not accidental but intentional.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:40   #14
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
Give the insurance company a call.

My friends' dog ran out in the road a couple of months ago in front of a car. The dog wasn't too badly off, but the car bumber was absolutely ruined, and the quote to fix this was over £700. My frineds house insurance covered this - you may be lucky!

orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:52   #15
danielf
cf.mega poser

Quote:
Originally posted by orangebird
Give the insurance company a call.

My friends' dog ran out in the road a couple of months ago in front of a car. The dog wasn't too badly off, but the car bumber was absolutely ruined, and the quote to fix this was over £700. My frineds house insurance covered this - you may be lucky!

I agree give them a call.

Orangebird: that is probably because your friend's house insurance includes public liability. I get the impression that few people are aware of this option. Insurance to cover yourself for liability costs next to nothing (~£10 a year for a cover of say a million quid). This covers (accidental) damage by you, your pets or kids, provided the damage is done to another party.

I once borrowed my gfs photo camera, and managed to get it nicked. The insurance paid £250, as I was liable for the damage.