Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Legends of Tomorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Legends of Tomorrow

Old 17-05-2016, 10:31   #31
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Legends of Tomorrow

Naturally with Miller returning to Prison Break he's been killed off but can still make sporadic appearances due to the time travelling nature. One of the stronger characters in a group that just doesn't work, at least the last episode wasn't as poorly predictable as the episode before.
Old 17-05-2016, 11:07   #32
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I wouldn't say that, especially not since the character was created in 1959. Quite a few years before Captain Jack was created.
Doesn't mean he wasn't at least influenced by Captain Jack. It's not as if that hasn't happened before. Apparently in the past, there has been friction between the BBC and Paramount over the similarities between the concepts of the Borg and the Cybermen, particularly from the BBC side. Now, all of a sudden, in the new Doctor Who series, the Cybermen are no longer created by using huge machines to add parts to humans, but by using nanobots to add parts and convert parts, in much the same way as the Borg.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 02:42   #33
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The Hawks leave! Two of the most boring and dull attempts at the character's. They have such rich and potentially massive back stories to explore but stuck with an incredibly stupid love triangle.

A quite satisfying ending though to a hit and miss series. The ending set up the Justice Society crossovers.

Side note. They used this episode to confirm LoT will not be used to revive Laurel Lance at any point assuming they apply decent continuity. They used Laurel Lance as a means to sync the timeline with Flash and Arrow due to both series being in May. They explained this away by Rip explaining they can't save Laurel because he already altered the timeline by removing Sarah from it thus preventing what would have been her death. Leaving the Laurel dies or Sarah, Laurel and their father all die.
Old 21-05-2016, 10:12   #34
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

sounds interesting and I am glad they cleared everything up (for those that watch the series) because I know there was a lot of a confusion and speculation around Laurel's death. I am still not going to watch it though (LoT).
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 14:59   #35
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

The finale was great and the last 30 seconds was jaw dropping. Great way to introduce the JSA :-)
Old 25-05-2016, 21:52   #36
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

There was nothing at the end of the Flash to link in with the JS crossover, I'm assuming they finished filming it before they gave it the go ahead so Arrow may be the same.

Note: What a finale though for The Flash. Just thought I'd say that rather than create a new thread. The plot twists were deep, we knew it was Jay Garrick in the mask but the twist was the mask reveal as well as Barry rescuing his mother which would wipe out various timelines I presume and possibly bring back the Reverse Flash. Who says she doesn't end up being the Villain.
Old 25-05-2016, 23:24   #37
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

going back in time and changing things is very interesting and opens it up big time for next season. I love time travel and alternate realities and I can't wait to see what they do with it. The one thing which really -mod edit- bugged me because it was completely stupid and unrealistic is that

1) Wally walks right in to Star Labs (and it seems like anyone can these days without being detected).
2) he voices his concern over the teams actions and makes it clear he wants to get Joe back with Barry's help

so what do they do? They let him have complete free reign of the place without supervision knowing that he is going to go the cells and let Barry out

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Who says she doesn't end up being the Villain.
maybe she is and wouldn't it be great if at the end of season 3 he has to go back in time to stop himself from doing what he has just done so the time line is restored?

Please rember to watch your language

Last edited by Stephen; 26-05-2016 at 01:59. Reason: language
Old 01-12-2016, 23:38   #38
General Maximus
Ran Away

damn shame the crossover story is concluding in LoT because I ain't watching it. I properly laughed at them in Flash. "We have all just got our asses kicked by Supergirl but lets so and attack the Dominators by ourselves anyway".
Old 01-12-2016, 23:45   #39
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well I will watch so that I finish the crossover. Its been great so far.

Series 2 has been really good.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:43   #40
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
damn shame the crossover story is concluding in LoT because I ain't watching it.
Your loss.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:25   #41
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

What's the point of only watching 3 parts of a 4 part crossover?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:17   #42
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
What's the point of only watching 3 parts of a 4 part crossover?
I thought there was only three. Flash, Arrow and LoT. Supergirl episode was unrelated and just had her cross at the end. Unless that's what you just meant anyway.

Ray Palmer though, She looks like my cousin it took me a second to remember that movie.

Flashpoint made it essential to watch all three prime earth shows. Naturally that'd be frustrating for people that dislike legends which is more common than people disliking arrow or the flash. Flashpoint was rubbish to be fair, bet WB stopped them using some major players of the original story too. Its picking up now though. Ultron/Megatron/Savitar looks amazing.

So, is Savitar the supersonic pilot? Or is he/she a creation of Barry Allen from Flashpoint. Or is it someone we know using Julian to bring meta's from Flashpoint. It really did take off when Savitar showed up.

Expect some crazy crossover finales to close off Flashpoint. Not 100% certain but I belive Reverse Flash is post Flashpoint now rather than a past version thus an anomaly of time and could be killed again in LoT. Darhk is definitely a past version and couldn't be killed without retconning season 4 of Arrow. Although many wouldn't be caught complaining about that.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 02-12-2016 at 04:30.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:34   #43
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Series 2 has been really good.
I think the new season of all the series have been good so far and an improvement on the previous one. I think the best though is Supergirl, the characters are really moving forward.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:14   #44
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
I thought there was only three. Flash, Arrow and LoT. Supergirl episode was unrelated and just had her cross at the end. Unless that's what you just meant anyway.
It was all four.

Supergirl is set on a different Earth so it was really just to bring her into Earth Prime to help out. Would not really have made sense to have her Episode included unless it aired after Flash and they then they went to get her and the Dominators had invaded her Earth too.

Not sure if LoT has been good this season due to the lack of Rip Hunter? Allowing the rest of the cast to get on better.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:25   #45
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Arthur was filming something else I believe and is still part of LoT as we've seen recently.

The air dates have changed as confirmed by CW. LoT airs directly after the Flash on Tuesdays or Wednesday morning UK.

Once again its near essential to keep informed of this show if you're watching the other two prime universe shows Flash and Arrow. Both Damien Darhk and Merlyn alongside Reverse Flash are participating in events that could retcon certain Flash and Arrow events. The latest episode of LoT marked both the return of the proper Rip Hunter and the dead speedster Hunter Zolomon (Zoom) who's role is the Black Flash - The speed force equivalent of Death. See Hunters death in The flash S2 finale for reference on how he becomes Black Flash.