Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 25-08-2014, 04:01   #16
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Doctor Who General Discussion

Forgot it was on and caught it on catch up. Dire stuff and 40 minutes alone was wasted on him being confused. Can't recall having complained once about an episode until now. I liked the idea of capaldi but I'm having second thoughts, watch next weeks and give it a proper go given the regeneration nonsense is over.
Old 25-08-2014, 04:04   #17
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: Doctor Who General Discussion

I was expecting a huge packet of Chewits when I saw that dinosaur

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 23:25   #18
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Doctor Who : Season 8

The dinosaur was there purely for impact. " a tyrannosaur in London" it gave little to the story.

But I like Capaldi, I think he will be great Doctor.

Matt Smithnwas not required.

I like the Sontaren, but not the other two

The ending intrigued me.

I do hope they keep it simple this time
Old 31-08-2014, 00:14   #19
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Good episode this week.

I assume the male teacher will be the new assistant.

This " heaven" thing will be the season arc.
Old 31-08-2014, 02:11   #20
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well I guess it was ok, better than last weeks.

Not sure why you think the teacher will be the new assistant, but I suspect you are correct about the heaven thing.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 15:23   #21
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Well I guess it was ok, better than last weeks.
Yep....

I found it a bit tedious to watch due to the predictabilty of it all.

Please lets have something original instead of continually writing Eps around what is already languishing in the props cupboard.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2014, 15:48   #22
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Yet again I totally enjoyed it.

Inside a Dalek was a new interesting idea imo.
Old 31-08-2014, 17:00   #23
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

Not sure why you think the teacher will be the new assistant, but I suspect you are correct about the heaven thing.
Just that he turned down that other woman because she was a soldier.

He's a soldier with a conscience, he can be introduced to the doctor by Clara.

I'm probably wrong but it all fits.

Just a question to the whophiles amongst us, what happened to the new technicolor daleks?
Old 31-08-2014, 17:04   #24
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Just a question to the whophiles amongst us, what happened to the new technicolor daleks?
I think the programme is pretending they don't exist anymore

Watch the Extra episode and they gloss right over them.
Old 31-08-2014, 20:51   #25
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

The teletubby daleks were a disaster, and they have been steadily fading them further into the background until they have now, hooray, disappeared completely.

The daleks were a design classic and were almost unchanged from 1963 onwards. Quite why they thought they should suddenly pimp them was a mystery to me, but I'm glad they were big enough to realise they were wrong and on balance I'm glad they've faded them out rather than feeling obliged to create a convoluted on-screen reason.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 22:20   #26
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Not sure this season is really doing it for me. The supporting characters are totally unrealistic, the actors playing them just look like university students in costumes and totally unrealistic ones at that. Makes it difficult to suspend disbelief and buy in to the storylines.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 00:31   #27
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

I thought tonight's was classic "who" from even before the reboot.

I think Capaldi is getting better, for me, much more watchable than Matt Smith.

I liked tonight's.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:38   #28
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

That episode was like Douglas Adams era Tom Baker stuff. Our family loved it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:42   #29
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Last night's was the first one I liked from this series.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 19:12   #30
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

I'm trying, not very sucessfully as yet, to work up the enthusiasm to watch it.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote