Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sapphire hd 7850 oc 2gb gddr5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Spotty Firefox.

Old 03-02-2012, 20:20   #1
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Spotty Firefox.

Yep I'm suffering from a spotty browser.It looks as if the screen is dirty and only occurs when I scroll up and down.It gets worse the more I scroll and the faster I scroll.Eventually everything is blurred and dark bandings look as if they. have been eaten. Does not happen in IE 8

I have cleared the cache.But I can't think what to do apart from reinstall FF 10.

Anyone else got this or am I on my own..
Old 03-02-2012, 20:30   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Spotty Firefox.

Mine is working fine Maggy.

I have just had a quick scan through the firefox forum and can't find anyone reporting a similar problem so you may be Billy no mates on this one.It looks like a reinstall is needed.
Old 03-02-2012, 20:42   #3
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

No problem in Chrome either.
Old 03-02-2012, 20:52   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

So it sounds like you need to reinstall FF. If it was your computer it would presumably be doing it wherever you scrolled.
Old 03-02-2012, 21:00   #5
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Cured! It took a complete uninstall and then a reinstall.. That was a weird issue to get..
Old 03-02-2012, 21:14   #6
joglynne
Born again teenager.

I always thought you were unique. Glad you're sorted.
Old 03-02-2012, 21:22   #7
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

I'm falling out of love version on version with the fox ATM, have installed Chrome to see how I get on with that. Trying to stop myself clicking that icon is difficult work though!
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 21:33   #8
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Actually I've been having so many issues with FF recently that I too was thinking of changing..however I'm not that keen on Chrome especially as my son is using it and has it set to his preferences.

I'm may go back to IE if only for the fact that it will play BBC videos without question.FF refuses point blank to co-operate and has done for 18 months.
Old 08-02-2012, 13:37   #9
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Tried down loading latest version of Java Runtime Environment. Its free.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 13:45   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Actually I've been having so many issues with FF recently that I too was thinking of changing..however I'm not that keen on Chrome especially as my son is using it and has it set to his preferences.

I'm may go back to IE if only for the fact that it will play BBC videos without question.FF refuses point blank to co-operate and has done for 18 months.
You maybe able to get around more than 1 person using chrome by installing their portable version, then just create a shortcut for you.

http://portableapps.com/apps/interne...hrome_portable
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:54   #11
funkyCable
THE FUNKIEST ON THE BOARD

Services: SERVICES FROM 26/08/05 TV XL services 2MB BROADBRAND UNLIMITED TALK PACKAGE V+ Service (Since 18
funkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nicefunkyCable is just really nice
Death of Firefox

http://www.extremetech.com/computing...ath-of-firefox
I blame the fequent release plan. I cant believe it shot up from version 3 to 10 in less than a couple months. It also seems to eat up a lot more resources than it used to.
Apart from that I still use it for firebug.
funkyCable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2012, 19:02   #12
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I find FF to be a bit if a pin in the arse at times usually when it comes to loading webpages as it just keeps spinning as if its trying to access them and takes ages sometimes. Often resulting in me closing the browser and reloading the page.

Usually switching to IE I never have problems....I agree with others though FF seems to update way too much...if there are that many bugs and they keep having to update it then at least test it for a while before using the general public as beta testers all the time.

Leave it to those that want to test new stuff
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 18:37   #13
fatmat8
cf.addict

Services: ntl
fatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enoughfatmat8 will become famous soon enough

far too much cooking sherry me thinks
fatmat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 19:38   #14
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmat8 View Post
far too much cooking sherry me thinks
Old 19-04-2012, 22:46   #15
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Well after months of not being able to play any BBC videos Firefox now happily plays BBC videos..

I have done nothing in any way shape or form.I cannot even remember an update to FF.

Mystifying.