Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:36   #151
prayforsnow
Inactive

prayforsnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

Once our existing customers are booked in it will be open to new customers... should be around May.
Thanks! I used to have a S1 Tivo so have the credit card ready
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2011, 12:38   #152
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayforsnow View Post
Thanks! I used to have a S1 Tivo so have the credit card ready
Old 05-04-2011, 12:41   #153
kingnothing83
Inactive

kingnothing83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome news about the free install!

I joined the pre-reg list but never received the "dear dean" email

When I joined the pre-reg list I wasnt a Virgin Media customer, but I am now. Will I be able to get a Tivo box for £149.99 plus a free install in April?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 12:43   #154
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
The whole tone of this thread has changed hugely since that annoucement earlier. Lets keep things happy people, it's a much nicer environment

Blows Sky's attempt at offering customers their 1TB box for £150
Yes you are correct Virgin and TIVO are working hard and keeping Sky on their toes , its interesting on Sky the last couple of days The Remind me Green button has been on more than ever for series , movies , sport etc Coincidence or not ?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:46   #155
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Thanks for the news DF. Virgin have just trippled their orders.
That was a very wise move indeed I think. It seems a lot of people on here would have not bothered with Tivo because of the install charge. I already have the box, but I wouldn't have paid the extra. Good move from VM.

Lets hope this helps push Tivo out there to more of the masses.

I am also interested in the smaller box as I would like to replace our V+ in the bedroom as it keeps filling up with all the HD recordings I do on it!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:47   #156
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnothing83 View Post

When I joined the pre-reg list I wasnt a Virgin Media customer, but I am now. Will I be able to get a Tivo box for £149.99 plus a free install in April?

Thanks
I'm not sure on that, sorry.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:47   #157
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnothing83 View Post

Thanks
You should be able to, although I am sure I will be corrected if I am talking nonsense!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:48   #158
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
That was a very wise move indeed I think. It seems a lot of people on here would have not bothered with Tivo because of the install charge. I already have the box, but I wouldn't have paid the extra. Good move from VM.

Lets hope this helps push Tivo out there to more of the masses.

I am also interested in the smaller box as I would like to replace our V+ in the bedroom as it keeps filling up with all the HD recordings I do on it!
More info to follow on that
Old 05-04-2011, 12:58   #159
Rjs37
Inactive

Rjs37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any word on whether we would lose our retention deals by signing up? Came up against that when I enquired about the 'free' upgrade to VIP30 from VIP20.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:59   #160
kingnothing83
Inactive

kingnothing83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm not sure on that, sorry.
Is there a way I can be added to the mailing list at this stage? It seems to be an oversight that i'm not on there already as I did register. I emailed Virgin from the website helpform and they didnt know what I was talking about. Would seem unfair to miss out as I registered

Thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 13:00   #161
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

An instructional DVD would be a great idea with every install MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR TIVO SERVICE with Dean LOL
Old 05-04-2011, 13:04   #162
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

DF, do you know if we will be able to order more than one Tivo from the email link? I'd like to replace both my V+ boxes.
Old 05-04-2011, 13:15   #163
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Thanks DF. Agreed; no reason to moan now. ---- great news on the free install.
That makes a massive difference to me too.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Quote:
I hope the priority will be on getting installation free boxes to as many of us customers as possible in April?

Am not usually fussy on price merely careful, but unwilling to be happy about a fee AND an installation charge.
Old 05-04-2011, 13:16   #164
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
DF, do you know if we will be able to order more than one Tivo from the email link? I'd like to replace both my V+ boxes.
I think you'd be directed to sales for that, rather than online.
Old 05-04-2011, 13:18   #165
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Quote:
Cheers DF. I am in no rush anyway.

Starting to look very promising indeed.
Closed Thread