Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

no on demand or internet

Old 19-02-2012, 10:23   #1
warren201
Inactive

warren201 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile no on demand or internet

Hi
I have just joined virgin media and have the 100meg package,tivo box and anytime phone,has been working for the first week and now i have no broadband connection and no on demand service.
I have called the tech line and they have said after 1 hour on the phone that i have to much power coming to the house,12+db when i should have 10 or less.
Could someone please tell me what this means and is there a fix for it.
I have reset the tivo box and the superhub,still nothing.
Thankyou in advance
Warren201
warren201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2012, 11:14   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: no on demand or internet

The signal levels into the TiVo and modem have to be in a certain range. You can get problems if they are too low or too high. You need a technician to visit to adjust the signals, which they do in the street cabinet or in your home (or both). Did they book a tech for you?

ps. Welcome to the forum!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 11:45   #3
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The signal levels into the TiVo and modem have to be in a certain range. You can get problems if they are too low or too high. You need a technician to visit to adjust the signals, which they do in the street cabinet or in your home (or both). Did they book a tech for you?

ps. Welcome to the forum!
Spider,
If the Op has only had his services for a couple of weeks why would the power levels be so high?,surely the Installer must of known they were to high when he fitted them,or can power levels "move"?.
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2012, 13:25   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, the installer should have checked/adjusted the power levels. Maybe there is a loose connection or something. Cold weather will also make the power go up a little.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 09:35   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Had this problem yesterday. Spoke to very nice lady whom has booked an engineer. Will be cancelling that call today as its all working this morning.
This is the second time this has happen in three weeks. Both were on a Sunday late afternoon. It that just a coincidence ?
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 15:41   #6
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Talking Re: no on demand or internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Had this problem yesterday. Spoke to very nice lady whom has booked an engineer. Will be cancelling that call today as its all working this morning.
This is the second time this has happen in three weeks. Both were on a Sunday late afternoon. It that just a coincidence ?
Twice in three weeks would be enough to keep the engineer coming if it were me.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 15:53   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Twice in three weeks would be enough to keep the engineer coming if it were me.
Yes, I agree as long as the other occassions were not outages.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 16:12   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

O k guys if you think so. Just seems strange that I call up. no known faults etc.Yet with in an hour or so it works again?
Old 20-02-2012, 16:19   #9
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
O k guys if you think so. Just seems strange that I call up. no known faults etc.Yet with in an hour or so it works again?
You booking a tech alerts the Outage Team to possible issues. They monitor and if they see a group of customers on the same part of the network with similar faults, then they will call out a network engineer to take a look locally.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 16:28   #10
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
You booking a tech alerts the Outage Team to possible issues. They monitor and if they see a group of customers on the same part of the network with similar faults, then they will call out a network engineer to take a look locally.
Thanks guessed it was along those lines. Really do not want to waste peoples time. Would they know its up and running again? If so will the still want to send a tech out?