Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo. Problems, hints and tips!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

That just sucks

Old 19-02-2011, 16:51   #1
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point
That just sucks

I had to go and see my mother in Liverpool today,so I set the V+ box for the Chelsea v Everton match on ESPN.After I got back I banged it on straight away,but just after Chelsea scored the box came up to say it had finished recording.The last 20/25 minutes was the most exciting I believe,going off the BBC sport website.What a bummer.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-02-2011, 16:57   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: That just sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
I had to go and see my mother in Liverpool today,so I set the V+ box for the Chelsea v Everton match on ESPN.After I got back I banged it on straight away,but just after Chelsea scored the box came up to say it had finished recording.The last 20/25 minutes was the most exciting I believe,going off the BBC sport website.What a bummer.
did it over-run?
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 17:55   #3
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Yes - extra time of 2 x 15 minutes (and some more)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 17:57   #4
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh,extra time and then penalties.I'll know next time to add a bit extra onto the end for such circumstances.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 17:57   #5
Marcus125
Permanently Banned

Marcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathers

An before anyone asks...

No Tivo wont fix that you'll need to set padding.
Marcus125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 18:03   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus125 View Post
An before anyone asks...

I thought the TIVO box checked for this every 20 mins or am I wrong.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 18:05   #7
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
But how would TIVO know it was over running?

Will TIVO solve the problem that happens often with the BBC of programmes startimg early?
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 18:19   #8
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

If I record live sport (not just football), I always set it as a manual recording, allowing plenty of time at the end of the scheduled finish - usually about an hour, if I have plenty of disk space free.
OLDGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 18:22   #9
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
An before anyone asks...

Is this your only aim on this forum? "I can't have TiVo, so I'm gonna rubbish it, whenever I can"

For a start, TiVo would have warned you it was a live event and to set a lot of padding, even without it's EPG update.

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You are correct. TiVo is constantly updating the EPG.
Old 19-02-2011, 18:29   #10
Marcus125
Permanently Banned

Marcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathersMarcus125 has ruffled too many feathers

How was I rubbishing Tivo?

I was stating a FACT unless you think pointing out what Tivo does or doesn't do is rubbishing it? Oh and why CAN'T I have Tivo?

If I was rubbishing Tivo I would of said Sky managed to update the epg intime so they got the whole game recorded.
Old 19-02-2011, 18:36   #11
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
How was I rubbishing Tivo?

I was stating a FACT unless you think pointing out what Tivo does or doesn't do is rubbishing it? Oh and why CAN'T I have Tivo?

If I was rubbishing Tivo I would of said Sky managed to update the epg intime so they got the whole game recorded.

It's not fact though as you DON'T know.. you aint got TiVo, so how could you know?

You disconnected TV, so you can't have it as you throw your toys out of your pram.

The OP has V+ not TiVo, so what are you on about?
Old 19-02-2011, 18:48   #12
Marcus125
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It's not fact though as you DON'T know.. you aint got TiVo, so how could you know?

You disconnected TV, so you can't have it as you throw your toys out of your pram.

The OP has V+ not TiVo, so what are you on about?

My toys are still in my pram and I still have 2 of my 3 VMtv boxes connected. The V+ is under the tv but disconnected. I could ring VM Monday cancel diconnection and have Tivo probably within 8 weeks. Sky havent installed my multiroom so I no problems there.

But personally I missed the extra HD channels I don't watch a great deal of TV and now I watch almost exclusively 100% HD. When I went to VM in December I lost about 6 HD channels I watch a lot off. Add that to the cost of the Tivo box I decided to return to sky. My multiroom is installed Monday morning.

I have kept VM phone and BB.Also it would be cheaper for me to stay with VM due to there package pricing.

But your state of the art tivo missed the end of the football.Old fashioned sky didnt.
Old 19-02-2011, 18:50   #13
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
My toys are still in my pram and I still have 2 of my 3 VMtv boxes connected. The V+ is under the tv but disconnected. I could ring VM Monday cancel diconnection and have Tivo probably within 8 weeks. Sky havent installed my multiroom so I no problems there.

But personally I missed the extra HD channels I don't watch a great deal of TV and now I watch almost exclusively 100% HD. When I went to VM in December I lost about 6 HD channels I watch a lot off. Add that to the cost of the Tivo box I decided to return to sky. My multiroom is installed Monday morning.

I have kept VM phone and BB.
Sky TV is a great service , I just don't like some of there practices.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 18:55   #14
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:

I have kept VM phone and BB.Also it would be cheaper for me to stay with VM due to there package pricing.

But your state of the art tivo missed the end of the football.Old fashioned sky didnt.
You love your Sky TV and that's fine, but I feel you have an agenda on here, you've already admitted it when you were talking about DigitalSpy in another thread about your experiences.

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Quote:
<snip!>
Gotcha! We now have your agenda exposed!

TiVo didn't miss the footie actually... the OP has V+
Old 19-02-2011, 18:58   #15
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:

TiVo was not being used by the op V+ was so far as i know nobody with TiVo has come on here stating they missed the end of the match.

But your state of the art tivo missed the end of the football.Old fashioned sky didnt.[/QUOTE]