Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub - slow wifi

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Call Centres

Old 12-02-2011, 14:52   #1
jordyGFC
Inactive

Services: Virgin XXL Internet, Sky+ HD All , BT Phone, iphone 4
jordyGFC is on a distinguished roadjordyGFC is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jordyGFC
Call Centres

hey,
now im by no means racist or sectarian and what people think or believe is no matter of mine, but call centres. Is there a reason sales are in the uk and tech support is in asia? Apart from being hard to understand and kinda cheeky sometimes is there a need for them? i wouldn't mind if they spoke english like a 2nd language to them or whatever but i would rather ring sales and speak to an english person then ring tech support and be there for hours. In my opinion OFCOM should make a rule where a UK only company should have to have all it call centres in the UK. Not only would this boost the uk economy but also be very valuable to the customer. o2 do a great job of this and also even used it as a advertising campaign! Now as i said before i dont have any problem race or religion i just want people i can understand! oh and you dont see an Asian ISP having there call centres based in the UK now do you??

thanks,
jordy
jordyGFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2011, 14:56   #2
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Call Centres

usually sales are kept in the uk as I imagine sales would nosedive if in india. Companies are well aware that customers hate offshore call centres but obviously if they calling tech support they already a customer at that point.

Aside from the issues you mentioned also when I spoke to india 2 days ago I could barely hear the person on the other end, I had to keep telling her to shout.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 15:04   #3
Fspiders
Inactive

Services: Premier
Fspiders is an unknown quantity at this point

When I asked to be put onto a UK operator because I had difficulty understanding him. He said I shouldn't have any problem understanding him considering where I live (Blackburn)

10 out of 10 for comeback... Couldn't really argue on that point but it did kinda seem like I'd been insulted in some kind of vague way!
Fspiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 15:08   #4
jordyGFC
Inactive

I was trying to tell the woman when i was going from 30 to 50 that i all ready had a superhub and an engineer would be wasted and he would not do anything, she then came off with "i understand this is fustrating and it is for me too" i was like wow what? where did that come form? lol then rang cancelations, said about i was going to cancel due to her being rude to me (which she also was) then the english woman was far nicer and understood me completly
Old 12-02-2011, 15:12   #5
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Offshore call centres aren't all entirely bad, as some other companies do it very well. It's just a case of VM's being particularly poor for whatever reason.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 15:21   #6
browney
cf.addict

Services: VM Retail Rates deal
browney is on a distinguished roadbrowney is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to browney

I've recently contacted the call center a few times, Would I be correct in thinking they have one in India and one somewhere else? They speak better English but it's more Americanized?
browney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 15:26   #7
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

They have several call centres in the UK as well.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:16   #8
jordyGFC
Inactive

Worst thing is when your on the phone for about 20 mins with the 1 person then BANG!! she needs to transfer you! then the fun begins, "ive told the other person your details so it shouldnt be a problem" "ok then"(other person come on) "hello can i have your details" *facepalm*, the lies they spout is unbelievable...
Old 12-02-2011, 22:21   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyGFC View Post
Worst thing is when your on the phone for about 20 mins with the 1 person then BANG!! she needs to transfer you! then the fun begins, "ive told the other person your details so it shouldnt be a problem" "ok then"(other person come on) "hello can i have your details" *facepalm*, the lies they sprout is unbelievable...
It would help if you could clarify which if any company you are talking about, as your first post only mentions O2 but you posted this thread in the Virginmedia internet section, so it is rather unclear which company if any in particular is been spoken about, so I would have thought that this thread would have been better placed in another section of the forum.

This aimed specifically at the thread subject in general and not at anyone in particular.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:29   #10
jordyGFC
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
It would help if you could clarify which if any company you are talking about, as your first post only mentions O2 but you posted this thread in the Virginmedia internet section, so it is rather unclear which company if any in particular is been spoken about, so I would have thought that this thread would have been better placed in another section of the forum.

This aimed specifically at the thread subject in general and not at anyone in particular.
yes i posted in virgin media internet section on a cable forum when in with virgin media about o2..... obv not
Old 12-02-2011, 22:32   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyGFC View Post
yes i posted in virgin media internet section on a cable forum when in with virgin media about o2..... obv not
I know most companies have offshore call centres I just found it odd that the first post never actually mentioned Virginmedia by name especially as it in that section so I felt that you were aiming at a more generalised discussion about such agents.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:35   #12
jordyGFC
Inactive

Quote:
I know most companies have offshore call centres I just found it odd that the first post never actually mentioned Virginmedia by name especially as it in that section so I felt that you were aiming at a more generalised discussion about such agents.
i just thought that on a cable fourm mostly about virgin media people would pick up it was about virgin media....
Old 12-02-2011, 22:48   #13
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

I'm not sure why, but I find India call centres seem to promise things that they don't really have any right of promising.

Like earlier this week my broadband cut out and it turned out to be an area fault but the fix time kept getting put back further and further. The Indian call centre promised me that it would be fixed by a certain time - of course it wasn't. I could understand it if they said we will try our best to have it fixed by x or its likely to be fixed by x. But they told me it will definately 100% be fixed by that time.

I have noticed it before with 3's indian call centre as well, they made some huge cockups when starting my contract but promised me that I would never have any problems with 3 in the future. Roll onto the following week and they managed to lose my number whilst porting it.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:55   #14
jordyGFC
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helix View Post
I'm not sure why, but I find India call centres seem to promise things that they don't really have any right of promising.

Like earlier this week my broadband cut out and it turned out to be an area fault but the fix time kept getting put back further and further. The Indian call centre promised me that it would be fixed by a certain time - of course it wasn't. I could understand it if they said we will try our best to have it fixed by x or its likely to be fixed by x. But they told me it will definately 100% be fixed by that time.

I have noticed it before with 3's indian call centre as well, they made some huge cockups when starting my contract but promised me that I would never have any problems with 3 in the future. Roll onto the following week and they managed to lose my number whilst porting it.
pffft typical.
Old 12-02-2011, 23:07   #15
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
so I would have thought that this thread would have been better placed in another section of the forum.
Just to be clear, the forum team will make that decision, so lets move on.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote