Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

One of a thousand

Old 10-02-2011, 21:22   #406
tigga69
Inactive

tigga69 is on a distinguished roadtigga69 is on a distinguished road
Re: One of a thousand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsman View Post
I do apologise for the error, but its still Virgins fault, somehow.

Well off course back then VM engineers had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day install customer kit, and pay VM for permission to come to work, and when they got to a home to do an install, if it was a CF customer would kill them and dance about on their graves singing ‘Hallelujah’, because VM offered such poor service.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.
tigga69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2011, 01:36   #407
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Services: Full House XL TV, SkySports HD, VM TiVo 500Gb, TiVo 1Tb, VHD Box. 200Mb BB, Talk More Anytime Phone
adzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enough

You were lucky.....
adzzzbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 16:03   #408
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

got my tivo now it very slick and easy to use and lot faster than v+ box menu layout is good and easy to pick up and user interface is good on the eye channel change is lot better than v+ i tried youtube app and it plays quick only 2 to 3 second wait expected a bit more than that so once 3rd tuner is up and running it a top piece of kit very happy indeed with it
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 17:12   #409
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
tried youtube app and it plays quick only 2 to 3 second wait
Can you log into your youtube account to watch your favourites and playists?

Can you add to favourites and playlists?

Thanks
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 17:17   #410
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Can you log into your youtube account to watch your favourites and playists?

Can you add to favourites and playlists?

Thanks
yes you can sign in to your youtube account and yes can watch your favourites and playlists
Old 11-02-2011, 17:22   #411
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
yes you can sign in to your youtube account i will make one up and see if you can do playlist ect
Thanks
Old 11-02-2011, 17:32   #412
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Thanks
yes you can add to your favourites and make playlist on there to
Old 11-02-2011, 18:04   #413
passingbat
Inactive

Quote:
yes you can add to your favourites and make playlist on there to
Thanks, that's good. On my sony s370 BR player, you can add to favourites, but not to playlists and you can't create playlists, though it can see and play playlists you've created by other means.

TIVO has some good extra functionality.
Old 12-02-2011, 15:29   #414
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Services: Full House XL TV, SkySports HD, VM TiVo 500Gb, TiVo 1Tb, VHD Box. 200Mb BB, Talk More Anytime Phone
adzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enough

GOT A REMOTE TODAY!! Not a Tivo one mind, just a normall V+ one (in a new horrible flat style), that we ordered the other day, but still it's a remote, I can just pretend it's a Tivo one and make a bdooop bdooop sound when I'm playing with it.
Old 12-02-2011, 19:32   #415
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post
GOT A REMOTE TODAY!! Not a Tivo one mind, just a normall V+ one (in a new horrible flat style), that we ordered the other day, but still it's a remote, I can just pretend it's a Tivo one and make a bdooop bdooop sound when I'm playing with it.
I think you get an extra feature that Tivo owners don't - you can turn off the bdooop bdooop when it drives you up the wall l
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:38   #416
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAy View Post
I think you get an extra feature that Tivo owners don't - you can turn off the bdooop bdooop when it drives you up the wall l
Oh but you can switch it off
Old 12-02-2011, 23:46   #417
JayAy
Inactive

JayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enoughJayAy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Oh but you can switch it off
Excellent news. Now, about that phone call I'm waiting for, I know - coming soon
JayAy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 00:03   #418
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAy View Post
Excellent news. Now, about that phone call I'm waiting for, I know - coming soon
Thank F for that, that is good news!

Yep that call is "Coming Soon"

(Just wanna add that I can't stand this new flat remote, it's awful. OFF TOPIC)
Old 13-02-2011, 00:23   #419
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post

(Just wanna add that I can't stand this new flat remote, it's awful. OFF TOPIC)
I have both and prefer the new one plus it can switch the TV off unlike the old remote, press * and standby together.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 03:19   #420
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I have both and prefer the new one plus it can switch the TV off unlike the old remote, press * and standby together.
Oh I didn't know it could do that. ' Thing is though I normally use the Amp remote to turn everything off. I dunno I guess I just prefer the ergonomic feel to the old remote.