Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ITV1 HD on Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ITV1 HD on Virgin

Old 11-04-2010, 08:59   #151
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: ITV1 HD on Virgin

thats well weird @ ben .... i looked at 103 and that was fuzzy lol, the picture and sound on 113 itv hd were spot for harry potter, well tbh aint all the SD a little fuzzy lol

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
I sense a Carew hat trick in the last half hour of the game, followed by him going up to Terry and saying "hows that for tiring after 60minutes".

I dunno about playing better, but with Cuellar in defense we certainly don't look better in it. Cuellar is a compelling argument against HD, he's ugly enough in SD.
ye that might be but he aint as ugly as wayne rooney lol
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2010, 11:02   #152
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitze73 View Post
anyone else think the picture quality on itv hd looked blocky and pixaleted in parts im referring to the villa chelsea game, never had this problem on any other HD channel
I noticed this - I think it looked like they had a problem with one of the pitch-side cameras as it only seemed to be with one particular viewpoint. Overall the quality was excellent but there was some blocking and blurring on some shots.
Noticed it in particular when they focussed on the Chelsea players after the second and third goals and when they followed the players after the final whistle.
Subsequent Harry Potter film looked fab - noticably better than the DVD of the film.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 16:06   #153
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Well the picture for the footy looks great on my 37" Sammy.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 18:46   #154
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

ye mine is also a sammy 37" 1080p
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 18:56   #155
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

mine was too on both my LG 32" LCD TV with built in Freeview
mattboothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 20:06   #156
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I noticed this - I think it looked like they had a problem with one of the pitch-side cameras as it only seemed to be with one particular viewpoint. Overall the quality was excellent but there was some blocking and blurring on some shots.
Noticed it in particular when they focussed on the Chelsea players after the second and third goals and when they followed the players after the final whistle.
Subsequent Harry Potter film looked fab - noticably better than the DVD of the film.
I noticed this too during the Chelsea and United games. Wide shots look good but close in fast shots break up. Is it possible ITV HD is running at lower bit rate in non-NGTV areas?
kgollop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 21:48   #157
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
I noticed this too during the Chelsea and United games. Wide shots look good but close in fast shots break up. Is it possible ITV HD is running at lower bit rate in non-NGTV areas?
Possibly. I wasn't watching today's game so closely, but it did seem to my eyes to be slightly better that yesterday's - the crowd shots looks great. Didn't see any blocking today either.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 19:27   #158
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Well my ITV1HD looks much improved now, my signal levels were apparently way too high so the tech has installed an attenuator and everything is good now. I notice that they have done a channel 4 and don't show the HD logo when there isn't a HD programme on.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 12:45   #159
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

I see that ITV are showing the Leadership Debate this evening and have it flagged as HD but have a half hour delay in start over Sky News. I thought I saw something about Sky having a a exclusive on the HD broadcast. And is the 8pm start on Sky just a 3o minute run up to the to debate or is ITV delaying their coverage?
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 14:21   #160
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Why on earth would you want to see Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg in HD? Their bad enough in standard definition.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 14:27   #161
PBL
Inactive

PBL is on a distinguished roadPBL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
I see that ITV are showing the Leadership Debate this evening and have it flagged as HD but have a half hour delay in start over Sky News. I thought I saw something about Sky having a a exclusive on the HD broadcast. And is the 8pm start on Sky just a 3o minute run up to the to debate or is ITV delaying their coverage?
Sky aren't showing this weeks debate, they are showing analysis before it (8-8.30). ITV shows this week's debate (8.30-10), Sky will show next week's debate and BBC the final one a week later
PBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 18:03   #162
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Why on earth would you want to see Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg in HD? Their bad enough in standard definition.
So I can the buggers sweat under the weight of their lies.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBL View Post
Sky aren't showing this weeks debate, they are showing analysis before it (8-8.30). ITV shows this week's debate (8.30-10), Sky will show next week's debate and BBC the final one a week later
Thanks.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 21:01   #163
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Why on earth would you want to see Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Nick Clegg in HD?
Because their lies are in HD.

A bunch of talking heads isn't the best use of the extra bandwidth, but it beats watching talking heads on ITV (SD) 1.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote