Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 21:30   #91
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

There was an article in the Evening Standard re Tivo. It was in the business section so not really about functionality and features as such.

It was interesting as it spoke about the capabilities of targeting specific demographics through advertising. I think eventually VM will look at getting the Tivo out to all its customers at much lower prices so that it can maximise its ad revenue.

Also they spoke about the internet connectivity and how getting a year on Youview will probably be a huge advantage.
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2011, 22:01   #92
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

They have mumbled a few times about rolling out general tivo software to everyone* and we know the Liberate contract is expiring pretty soon (Liberate is the molasses-like software running on non-Tivo boxes currently).

One of the existing boxes running the Liberarte platform can handle the Tivo software, so that is one way for them to migrate people to that software platform without having to give out the premium kit.

*Virgins definition of everyone tends to be nearly most people sometimes perhaps maybe half and a quarter.
Old 04-04-2011, 22:20   #93
cwj2008
Inactive

cwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enough

Firstly sorry if this post is in the wrong section, 2 quick question re tvio

1 do virgin use numbers the show unavaible when the call( had them showing withheld)

2 have the 2 competitions finshed and are virgin still making calls re tvio ,
or is just via emails.

Just asking as just had a call saying i had won a competition. put phone down as i knew i had not enter one . and then i realised about the tvio comps , hope it was not virgin, i have now missed my
chance if the comps are still going
Old 04-04-2011, 23:05   #94
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
This thread has lost it's way totally! It should not have been given a new lease of life. In the absence of anything new people are going over old ground again and again.
A good point, let's discuss
Old 04-04-2011, 23:11   #95
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj2008 View Post
Firstly sorry if this post is in the wrong section, 2 quick question re tvio

1 do virgin use numbers the show unavaible when the call( had them showing withheld)

2 have the 2 competitions finshed and are virgin still making calls re tvio ,
or is just via emails.

Just asking as just had a call saying i had won a competition. put phone down as i knew i had not enter one . and then i realised about the tvio comps , hope it was not virgin, i have now missed my
chance if the comps are still going
Tivo comps been done for a while. Would have heard by 20th March.
Old 04-04-2011, 23:20   #96
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
I can see Media Boy blog's headline "Cable Forum's Digital Fanatic announces new Virgin Media Baby TiVo for not much less than the standard TiVo"...
Surprise surprise
http://virgintivo.blogspot.com/2011/...o-cheaper.html
Old 04-04-2011, 23:27   #97
cwj2008
Inactive

cwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enoughcwj2008 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
Tivo comps been done for a while. Would have heard by 20th March.
thanks a lot for the info , i only asked on here because there is a fault in my area, and to save ring 150 . many thanks again, any sorry to the any who thinks i am going over old ground
Old 05-04-2011, 00:50   #98
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
I can see Media Boy blog's headline "Cable Forum's Digital Fanatic announces new Virgin Media Baby TiVo for not much less than the standard TiVo"...
I do not deal with TiVo storys on my Blog unless my insiders has given me info.

Try the following blog for info on TiVo:

http://virgintivo.blogspot.com/
http://vmhd.blogspot.com/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 05-04-2011, 05:31   #99
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
What worries me about the promotional team at VM, is that I've read two recent reviews of Tivo (one was What HI-FI) where they described the recording functionality as the same as the V+, i.e. record two and watch a third. If I was sending the Tivo out for Review, I'd make sure these reviewers were aware of one of the massive feature advantages over V+ and Sky in that Tivo records on all three channels. What other Tivo features are the not emphasising?
They do not seem to have the cleverest marketing team at

---------- Post added at 05:31 ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 ----------

Quote:
What worries me about the promotional team at VM, is that I've read two recent reviews of Tivo (one was What HI-FI) where they described the recording functionality as the same as the V+, i.e. record two and watch a third. If I was sending the Tivo out for Review, I'd make sure these reviewers were aware of one of the massive feature advantages over V+ and Sky in that Tivo records on all three channels. What other Tivo features are the not emphasising?
They do not seem to have the best marketing team at Virgin as we have seen with the Tivo pre-reg fiasco.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:29   #100
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

ok, quick update guys.....

some of you will get an email to book online and some will be directed to a special pre-sales orderline, this is because some of you have complicated billing arrangements!

Install is free in April, so you are getting that knocked off.

VIP's (50 & 100 only)are getting the TiVo monthly charge waived. It will appear on the bill, but you will get a bigger discount to cover.

now stop moaning!!!!!

There is also more deals around additonal outlets, but you'll need to speak to sales or see this in the ordering process online
Old 05-04-2011, 08:42   #101
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post

some of you will get an email to book online and some will be directed to a special pre-sales orderline, this is because some of you have complicated billing arrangements!

VIP's are getting the TiVo monthly charge waived. It will appear on the bill, but you will get a bigger discount to cover.

now stop moaning!!!!!

There is also more deals around additonal outlets, but you'll need to speak to sales or see this in the ordering process online
Thanks DF. Agreed; no reason to moan now. ---- great news on the free install.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:47   #102
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:

VIP's are getting the TiVo monthly charge waived. It will appear on the bill, but you will get a bigger discount to cover.

now stop moaning!!!!!

Now that sounds more like it!

Thanks DF, for this and for all the flack you get.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:48   #103
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks DF. Agreed; no reason to moan now. ---- great news on te free install.
No there is not, But I bet that some will still moan?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:55   #104
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:

now stop moaning!!!!!

Fair play DF! As one of your regular moaners I say "Well Done"!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:59   #105
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

now stop moaning!!!!!

That's excellent news all round I think.

£149 for the box and install is going to have VM a larger number of sign ups than had they charged the £40. Good work VM and hope that those thinking about Tivo will jump at this as for £149 the box is seriously worth it.

Can I just confirm something DF? Those of us VIPs who have already had Tivo installed and are paying the £3 a month, will we see this automatically change on our bills going forward?
Closed Thread