Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2010, 17:49   #856
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

Sorry if this has already been mentioned

Sky & Virgin both closer to signing the deal

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...nels-deal.html
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2010, 18:15   #857
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Sorry if this has already been mentioned

Sky & Virgin both closer to signing the deal

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...nels-deal.html
Yeah already discussed in News section
Old 18-02-2010, 21:17   #858
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeskydish View Post
New tv channels added this morning in Edinburgh, no new smart card change yet
Look like NGTV is coming to my area soon then.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-02-2010, 21:29   #859
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

what is supposed to happen when our area is switched over, no picture??

Our virgin box has been pixelating and dropping picture for the past 3 days, i've go no new virgin card through the door tho, phoned virgin they said wait 24hrs and if it isn't fixed then phone again for an engineer.
Old 18-02-2010, 22:31   #860
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post

Our virgin box has been pixelating and dropping picture for the past 3 days, i've go no new virgin card through the door tho, phoned virgin they said wait 24hrs and if it isn't fixed then phone again for an engineer.
The switchover shouldn't cause any of the issues you describe... we ask you to monitor for 24hours, while a team monitors jobs coming in for your area, and if we see a trend then we can raise an outage for the area. If no more jobs come in then you need a tech to call to your home as it is likley a single viewer issue.

HTH
Old 18-02-2010, 22:59   #861
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Media Boy EXCLUSIVE: More news on the Sky's Virgin Media Television takeover.

I have been told by my Virgin Insider that Virgin Media wants Sky Red Button and Sky HD Channels as part of any deal to sell The Virgin Media Television Channels to BSkyB.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-02-2010, 23:04   #862
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

nice, i hope virgin don't back down! I would sooo love sky hd channels Not bothered about the red button.
Old 19-02-2010, 00:34   #863
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

I have been told by my Virgin Insider that Virgin Media wants Sky Red Button and Sky HD Channels as part of any deal to sell The Virgin Media Television Channels to BSkyB.
This could turn out fantastic in the end! .
Come on Virgin Media don't back down with this offer you may get it.
Old 19-02-2010, 00:41   #864
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Sounds like a much more of a fair deal imo!
Old 19-02-2010, 09:16   #865
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Get in there VM.... don't back down.
Old 19-02-2010, 09:18   #866
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

If these deal goes ahead I suspect Virgin will demand red button and HD, access to all Sky channels at launch, access to all 3rd part channels that Sky helps launch and a clause that ensures that VMTV channels are always available on cable and that that the Sky channels can never be removed.

I would also expect that there would be a clause that would forbid VM from entering the content business again or at the very least for a number of years.

Hopefully VOD will be factored in as well as Sky seem to by VOD rights to all its US shows. and if we really want to dream how about a tie up where Sky customers can get Virgin cable to access VID via their Sky box?
Old 19-02-2010, 09:27   #867
LEE1
Inactive

Services: Sky hd
LEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about themLEE1 has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to LEE1

Quote:

ive had the same on my two boxes for the last 2 days ive not had new cards yet.
Old 19-02-2010, 10:09   #868
Brian W
Inactive

Services: Virgin Triple XL with V+ on ex-Telewest, Freeview
Brian W is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Also pixelating for a few days for me. I noticed it particularly on ITV2 and History channels.
Old 19-02-2010, 10:37   #869
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Also pixelating for a few days for me. I noticed it particularly on ITV2 and History channels.
We had a network issue with those channels yesterday on exTelewest, should be ok now. HTH
Old 19-02-2010, 10:39   #870
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
nice, i hope virgin don't back down! I would sooo love sky hd channels Not bothered about the red button.
I really can not see Sky allowing Virgin Media access to their HD channels it would only have a bad impact on the sky platform. Some people subscribe to sky hd purely because sky have those channels. It's one of the few usp's sky has against virgin.

That's not what i would call a fair deal at all. I don't want to have to pay for HD with Virgin. I wouldn't watch the Sky channels when they came over, in HD or otherwise. Virgin must know that they a usp over Sky retailing their HD to their customers for free. If Sky HD channels come over to Virgin and there is then a £10 subscription fee thrown on top of it i can see a lot of people being extremely miffed. Virgin are far more likely to get more customers by signing more HD carriage deals and keep adding them for free to their XL pack.
Closed Thread