Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!!
Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2017, 19:18   #61
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: BBC Forced to drop racist advert!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Well, the BBC are anti Brexit and anti Trump (does that make them pro globalisation? Rona Fairhead did attend a Bilderberg meeting ) But I have never seen racial hate come from the BBC.
The Brussels Broadcasting Corporation are a complete embarrassment to this country. Don't forget: Anti American, pro Palestinian, pro Brussels... etc
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2017, 19:20   #62
EnglishMan

Quote:
Well, the BBC are anti Brexit and anti Trump (does that make them pro globalisation? Rona Fairhead did attend a Bilderberg meeting ) But I have never seen racial hate come from the BBC.
The BBC will prosecute you for watching ITV without a TV licence, The BBC will ask Welsh Rugby fans what is good about England.

So explain why your beloved BBC which is a publicly funded national broadcaster needed to ask such a hate filled question? Or maybe you can explain the editorial positives of the question? If you can explain the need for a national, publicly funded broadcaster to ask such a hate filled question I am happy to be informed.

Is the BBC'S next question what's good about Africa? Then maybe what is good about India? Then maybe what is good about Syria?

Last edited by EnglishMan; 14-02-2017 at 19:25.

Old 14-02-2017, 19:34   #63
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMan View Post
Is the BBC'S next question what's good about Africa? Then maybe what is good about India? Then maybe what is good about Syria?
The context matters. This is akin to you telling a friend he's fat as a joke vs a complete stranger in a street. It would be taken completely differently. Wales and England have a friendly and established rivalry and are quite similar. It's Wales and England after all.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:40   #64
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
The BBC will prosecute you for watching ITV without a TV licence, The BBC will ask Welsh Rugby fans what is good about England.

So explain why your beloved BBC which is a publicly funded national broadcaster needed to ask such a hate filled question? Or maybe you can explain the editorial positives of the question? If you can explain the need for a national, publicly funded broadcaster to ask such a hate filled question I am happy to be informed.

I'm not sure where you get the 'My beloved BBC' from... they are very biased politically ATM in a way that I think is damaging.

I am able to laugh at myself or, in this case, laugh at poking fun at my country of birth.

Offended people should try that sometime
Old 14-02-2017, 19:41   #65
EnglishMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The context matters. This is akin to you telling a friend he's fat as a joke vs a complete stranger in a street. It would be taken completely differently. Wales and England have a friendly and established rivalry and are quite similar. It's Wales and England after all.

I strongly suspect I have been to more live Rugby games in the last 2 years than you have in your lifetime. The Welsh fans are distancing themselves from the vile hate filled BBC comment. Hence the BBC withdrew and apologised.

Your attempts to show Rugby fans as racist is pointless. Yes friendly banter, Racist hate? NO!

Old 14-02-2017, 19:42   #66
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

I'm still waiting for the link stating where it's the Welsh fans that complained.

As an EnglishMan and rugby supporter living in Wales I think I know what Welsh fans are like.

We have a drink before the match and have banter, have banter during the match then go for a drink after the match and have banter no matter what the result.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:43   #67
EnglishMan

Quote:
I'm not sure where you get the 'My beloved BBC' from... they are very biased politically ATM in a way that I think is damaging.

I am able to laugh at myself or, in this case, laugh at poking fun at my country of birth.

Offended people should try that sometime
We are not talkling about 1 person laughing at his country of birth. We are talking about a World renowned National broadcaster promoting racial hate.

The BBC asked this question, Not a few drunk fans, the BBC!!!!!!!

Old 14-02-2017, 19:44   #68
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I strongly suspect I have been to more live Rugby games in the last 2 years than you have in your lifetime. The Welsh fans are distancing themselves from the vile hate filled BBC comment. Hence the BBC withdrew and apologised.

Your attempts to show Rugby fans as racist is pointless. Yes friendly banter, Racist hate? NO!
Ok..... Personally I assumed you were more of a musical opera man...
Old 14-02-2017, 19:45   #69
EnglishMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I'm still waiting for the link stating where it's the Welsh fans that complained.

As an EnglishMan and rugby supporter living in Wales I think I know what Welsh fans are like.

We have a drink before the match and have banter, have banter during the match then go for a drink after the match and have banter no matter what the result.
I know a guy who lives a small town called Telford left with brain damage after meeting the opposing teams rugby fans. Rugby fans are more violent than football fans in the lasts 7 years.

Stevenjowen said: “I won’t go to late Friday game again. So many uninterested in rugby. Awful drunken atmosphere not seen b4 in 40 yrs.”

“Idiotic” rugby fans were blamed for ruining the atmosphere at Friday night’s Six Nations showdown between Wales and England.

Friday night crowd fracas at Bristol is latest example of rugby's falling standards

THE owner of Salford Red Devils said he will ban for life those involved in ugly scenes which endangered young families in a shocking brawl at the weekend.

Last edited by EnglishMan; 14-02-2017 at 19:52.

Old 14-02-2017, 19:49   #70
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

To be clear you object to rugby fans being labelled as racist (not that we've done that) but it's fine to portray them as violent lunatics.....

They'll smash you up but they draw the line at political incorrectness....
Old 14-02-2017, 19:53   #71
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

South Wales Police said there weren’t a higher number of incidents reported than at any other international match in the past.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:56   #72
EnglishMan

Quote:
South Wales Police said there weren’t a higher number of incidents reported than at any other international match in the past.
So why did the BBC ask such a hate filled question? We know the English rugby fans are peaceful. Why did the BBC need to ask welsh fans "whats good about England?" Unless the BBC thought the Welsh fans would react with hate filled answers? So then the BBC could portray rugby or the welsh as racist?

Old 14-02-2017, 20:06   #73
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

That's up to you to figure out.

For the record I was in Cardiff that night with supporters of both sides and had a good time as always.
Old 14-02-2017, 20:08   #74
EnglishMan

Quote:
That's up to you to figure out.

For the record I was in Cardiff that night with supporters of both sides and had a good time as always.
I was also in Cardiff, I can scan and post a picture of my ticket, Lets do it? Lets both post our tickets?

Yes I keep tickets, I have tickets from festivals in 1993 LOL

But no one can explain why the BBC asked such a hate filled question? It seems like the BBC assumed all Welsh rugby fans are hate filled and racist so would agree with this line of questioning. So Happy the Welsh fans kicked the BBC into touch///

Last edited by EnglishMan; 14-02-2017 at 20:23.

Old 14-02-2017, 21:44   #75
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Its very simple. Welsh rugby fans did not want anything to do with this, and forced the point.
No, this is very simple. I'm a Welsh rugby fan and I know even less of what you're talking about than you do.

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Quote:
The Welsh fans are distancing themselves from the vile hate filled BBC comment.
No, we're not.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:42 ----------

Quote:
I was also in Cardiff, I can scan and post a picture of my ticket, Lets do it? Lets both post our tickets?

Yes I keep tickets, I have tickets from festivals in 1993 LOL

But no one can explain why the BBC asked such a hate filled question? It seems like the BBC assumed all Welsh rugby fans are hate filled and racist so would agree with this line of questioning. So Happy the Welsh fans kicked the BBC into touch///
The only hate in this is in your mind.
Closed Thread