Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 13-11-2016, 15:38   #1141
i am not scouse
cf.member

Services: 65"Samsung 4k tv. X2 v6 x3tivo's 200mb bb and a phone line I don't use.
i am not scouse is on a distinguished roadi am not scouse is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Just spoke to retentions to get my pack cheaper. Discussed the tivos being next to useless, especially my 1tb as it keeps freezing on recordings and they said I couldn get the new v6 (I played dumb to knowing anything about it existing) on the 1st December.and would put off my deal until then if I wanted. But I've took what we were already discussed which was a replacement tivo and a new superhub3 as mine keeps dropping the 2gh. Plus he said phone back at a later date as they plan to replace all aging boxes (I've got a Samsung v+hd, and vhd) I'm guessing it will be for a price though.
i am not scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-11-2016, 15:59   #1142
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
Just spoke to retentions to get my pack cheaper. Discussed the tivos being next to useless, especially my 1tb as it keeps freezing on recordings and they said I couldn get the new v6 (I played dumb to knowing anything about it existing) on the 1st December.and would put off my deal until then if I wanted. But I've took what we were already discussed which was a replacement tivo and a new superhub3 as mine keeps dropping the 2gh. Plus he said phone back at a later date as they plan to replace all aging boxes (I've got a Samsung v+hd, and vhd) I'm guessing it will be for a price though.
Did you not mean that you couldn't get the V6 until the 1st December?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 16:07   #1143
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am not scouse View Post
I assume the V+ boxes will eventually be replaced by the existing Tivo boxes at no extra charge. The price may be speed not £.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 16:09   #1144
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I doubt that everybody will be able to have one on 1 December, surely they'll be phased in??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 16:12   #1145
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I doubt that everybody will be able to have one on 1 December, surely they'll be phased in??
I would have thought you would be able to order from 1 December, although how long you'd have to wait for it to be installed is probably another matter.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 16:15   #1146
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I assume the V+ boxes will eventually be replaced by the existing Tivo boxes at no extra charge. The price may be speed not £.
I can imagine this to be the case, they'll want to use them up in some way.

If they aren't paying for their replacement TiVo like most people did, VM may feel that people will put up with it. However, I never paid for my 1TB TiVo, but still couldn't be doing with it, so maybe they are in for a shock??

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Quote:
I would have thought you would be able to order from 1 December, although how long you'd have to wait for it to be installed is probably another matter.
Maybe...
Old 13-11-2016, 16:18   #1147
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Could they be self-install for some people.? Maybe those with a current Tivo and V+ can get the V6 via courier and then return the V+ to VM.
Old 13-11-2016, 16:27   #1148
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well OB we will just have to wait as l am sure it will all come out in the wash eventually.
Old 13-11-2016, 17:21   #1149
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Could they be self-install for some people.? Maybe those with a current Tivo and V+ can get the V6 via courier and then return the V+ to VM.
Apart from new customers, I believe that they will all be self install.
Old 13-11-2016, 17:38   #1150
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've had several boxes over the years but none were self installed. Each time an engineer had to ensure that all the signal levels were correct. I would think that is more important now with the new Internet connection.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 17:38   #1151
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Meaning deployment could be quite swift.
But if each V6 costs VM say £50 it's a big expense to replace all installs so I'm guessing that it won't be staged so new customers and rightful complainers, XL customers, L customers etc.
Old 13-11-2016, 17:48   #1152
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I've had several boxes over the years but none were self installed. Each time an engineer had to ensure that all the signal levels were correct. I would think that is more important now with the new Internet connection.
Good point, but from what i've been told they will all be self install barring any problems.

I have one coming this week which will be self install.

Quote:
Meaning deployment could be quite swift.
But if each V6 costs VM say £50 it's a big expense to replace all installs so I'm guessing that it won't be staged so new customers and rightful complainers, XL customers, L customers etc.
VM currently value the TiVo as being worth £150 per asset.
Old 13-11-2016, 22:33   #1153
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Good point, but from what i've been told they will all be self install barring any problems.

I have one coming this week which will be self install.

Omg £150 dearer than sky not good
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2016, 04:24   #1154
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Omg £150 dearer than sky not good
Well, Sky Q is a rented product, so I'm sure Sky will charge people who don't send them back after ending their subscription.
Old 14-11-2016, 09:51   #1155
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Is it the fee that VM charges customers for non-return? That doesn't mean that is how much Tivo is worth or costs VM, it's a figure that VM uses to encourage return of the equipment. The same psychology as a potential parking fine.
Regarding how much a Tivo box is valued at, I believe that VM follows accounting practice and depreciates the value over five years to zero so some of the Tivo boxes will be on VM's balance sheet for £0 by now.
Of course, if you don't return a box then VM may have to purchase a replacement Tivo but I doubt it pays anything like £150 per box.