Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 04-12-2016, 17:20   #1846
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
dont know how true it is?

But VM are limiting the V6 strictly to 1 box per household only?

I tried my bluff and called them up saying I had a missed call on Thursday which I believed to be able the V6.

They said there was no record on my account, and that I need to call back at opening on Tuesday to order as an existing customer.

But said I could only order 1 box only and couldn't replace my other 2 TiVo boxes as VM is strictly limiting it to 1 per household?
Well I looked and they explain the benefits of two boxes and rententions said you can get two boxes but there will activation charge for every box

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb View Post
Cheers Spider...I see that sheet doesnt say not enabled ,(unless Ive missed it), but it also does not mention it in the rear plane spec

To make full use of all the streaming across boxes, do both the V6 and both my other TiVo need to have an Ethernet connection ?

TrevP
I found out to get the best connection ( for future 4K streaming ) the super hub needs to be connected via Ethernet and right beside it. The 2nd v6 will connect via wifi. Or in the 2nd TiVo non v6 box, you need to connect with to the superhub via power line adapter
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2016, 17:51   #1847
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

was only going by what the person on phone said.

I have no idea personally.

But as I had registered an interest 2-3 times over past few weeks and people said they was receiving calls I thought I may of missed a call and phoned them.

But they said there was nothing on my account to suggest I had been called and when I said I wanted to replace all 3 of my TiVo boxes with the V6 he said that VM are strictly only allowing 1 box per household so I could only have 1 box... but would have to call back Tuesday morning to order it.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 19:10   #1848
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
But they said there was nothing on my account to suggest I had been called and when I said I wanted to replace all 3 of my TiVo boxes with the V6 he said that VM are strictly only allowing 1 box per household so I could only have 1 box... but would have to call back Tuesday morning to order it.
You can have up to three. Hopefully you'll get someone who has the correct info when you call on Tuesday.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 00:43   #1849
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I'm curious as to know how a customer like me can get one of these new boxes, I've been a customer for 20 years with Telewest/Virgin, and I'm reading on here that some people have install dates, so can anyone tell me what I need to do to aquire one?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:01   #1850
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm curious as to know how a customer like me can get one of these new boxes, I've been a customer for 20 years with Telewest/Virgin, and I'm reading on here that some people have install dates, so can anyone tell me what I need to do to aquire one?
sadly you will need to wait till Tuesday
Old 05-12-2016, 08:19   #1851
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You can have up to three. Hopefully you'll get someone who has the correct info when you call on Tuesday.
Do you know whether the technician who installs the boxes will connect the two V6s together for you to enable you to stream between them?

I want to have one V6 in my lounge and the other one upstairs.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:12   #1852
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Do you know whether the technician who installs the boxes will connect the two V6s together for you to enable you to stream between them?

I want to have one V6 in my lounge and the other one upstairs.
Well you are paying for install, so don't worry, they need to move super hub where needed
Old 05-12-2016, 10:28   #1853
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well you are paying for install, so don't worry, they need to move super hub where needed
I don't understand all this talk of moving the super hub. Does one box need to have a wired connection?

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:37   #1854
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
I don't understand all this talk of moving the super hub. Does one box need to have a wired connection?

Cheers

Grim
I think they are making sure it's got a good connection incase wifi is rubbish.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:00   #1855
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
All V6 boxes must be connected to your hub for them to work, so you get streaming between them automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
It's certainly preferred for at least one to be wired. Talk it over with your installer on the day.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:53   #1856
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
All V6 boxes must be connected to your hub for them to work, so you get streaming between them automatically.

It's certainly preferred for at least one to be wired. Talk it over with your installer on the day.
When I phone tomorrow I will last say living room to be hardwired
Old 05-12-2016, 14:51   #1857
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I can't move my hub as it is hardwired to a PC (with no wireless) and a security camera.
When I said this to the woman booking my install she said the engineer would sort something out to get around that.
I was hoping therefore they would supply power lines as I see no other way apart from just using the wifi.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 14:57   #1858
paulg
Inactive

paulg is an unknown quantity at this point

I use my Virgin hub as modem only, with an Apple Extreme as my router. Anyone know if this will cause any problems?
paulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 15:02   #1859
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

my whole house is cat 6 wired and every room has a tv, radio, network, and telephone connection plate.

Will they still need to move my hub 3 as I would prefer it stayed under the stairs.

Current TiVo box already has a network connection.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 15:05   #1860
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Does this mean I lose my router? I'm looking to add a V6 to my existing setup (I have a Cisco Tivo), and would not like to have to switch back to using the Superhub as a router because I found it unreliable at best.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote