Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The beast of Baglan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Aircraft crashes in Iran capital

Old 06-12-2005, 12:32   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Aircraft crashes in Iran capital

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4502966.stm

Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2005, 20:03   #2
Sarge
Inactive

Sarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Aircraft crashes in Iran capital

We know first hand what it's like to have a plane fly into a building, it's devistating. I can imagine what these folks are going through. It brings back some horrible memories. On 911 we watched as everyone else did. You know flight 93 flew right over us that day, the whole town was evacuated, I worked in the Federal Building at the time when they announced to evacuate. it took 3 hours to get a bus home since the whole town was trying to get out at the same time. I know the situation is a little different but just seeing this brings back some bad memories.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 23:29   #3
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

the two things are slightly different. One being a total accident
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 23:48   #4
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
And journalists at the site were beaten and had their tapes confiscated by the security forces.
Lovely.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 23:58   #5
Sarge
Inactive

Sarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of lightSarge is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy
the two things are slightly different. One being a total accident
there is no evidence that this was just an accident so at this point you can that. It may come to be that it was just an accident, but only time will tell. Futhermore, even if it were not an accident, who' to say that Iran is going to say otherwise.
Old 07-12-2005, 00:03   #6
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge
there is no evidence that this was just an accident so at this point you can that. It may come to be that it was just an accident, but only time will tell. Futhermore, even if it were not an accident, who' to say that Iran is going to say otherwise.
Quote:
The aircraft had just taken off when the pilot reported an emergency and turned back, before losing control of the aircraft.
Old 07-12-2005, 00:12   #7
Sarge
Inactive

that still proves nothing. Someone could have tampered with the aircraft. Lets wait and see, but again, we will probably never know the true story. Remember what country we are talking about here, they are pretty brutal in making sure the official story is what the Ayatollah allows.
Old 07-12-2005, 00:18   #8
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
that still proves nothing. Someone could have tampered with the aircraft. Lets wait and see, but again, we will probably never know the true story. Remember what country we are talking about here, they are pretty brutal in making sure the official story is what the Ayatollah allows.
based upon your stance. Any crash investigation in any country can be tampered with. In reallity unless you were there or you investigated the crash you can never know for sure what the truth is.

i mean, for example, do you believe the space shuttle exploded by accident, of course you do, because you trust what your told. However it could have been tampered with.

Granted this is Iran and therefore they will control what the world is told. All im saying is we pick and choose what we believe and we may at times believe a story as opposed to the truth.
Old 07-12-2005, 00:52   #9
Sarge
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_and_Crazy
based upon your stance. Any crash investigation in any country can be tampered with. In reallity unless you were there or you investigated the crash you can never know for sure what the truth is.

i mean, for example, do you believe the space shuttle exploded by accident, of course you do, because you trust what your told. However it could have been tampered with.

Granted this is Iran and therefore they will control what the world is told. All im saying is we pick and choose what we believe and we may at times believe a story as opposed to the truth.
It may indeed just be an accident, but I never trust the government to tell us what really happened. Yes I believe the shuttle did just burn and crash, but look back at December 7, 1941. They called it a sneak attack by the Japs. It wasn't a surprise attack, we needed a way to get in the war and our Government just ignored all the warnings and let it happen. the same for 911. It's my belief that the G men knew what was going to happen. As terrible as it was I think they let it happen to get in the war with the taliban. Like I said I do not trust that we get all the info.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:29   #10
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
And journalists at the site were beaten and had their tapes confiscated by the security forces.
Did they have their offices repeatedly bombed, too?

Likely to be an accident - Iran isn't the safest place to fly even when the US aren't shooting down your airliners. Poor maintenance standards and ageing aircraft you can't get parts for don't really make for a safe flying regime.

Pearl Harbor (64 years ago today) - they were looking out for the warnings of the raid and indeed found them, but the message wasn't acted on. However, I think this was mainly incompetence - they could have still declared war on Japan if they'd foiled the attack, after all, and Pearl Harbor wasn't the only target on that day, the Japanese attacked all over the Pacific. They were looking to secure oil supplies, ironically.

Ayatollah - Iran isn't just run by an Ayatollah, it's rather more complicated than that. The Supreme Leader is an Ayatollah (and, relatively speaking, quite a moderate one). The President (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad) has a lot of power, is democratically elected on universal suffrage (yes, I was surprised by that one, too) and is a bit of a b'stard at present, although his predecessor was actually a good bloke.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:33   #11
andyl

Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.

Quote:
As opposed to the Americans who are paying the Iraqi media to run stories fed to them?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:41   #12
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
As opposed to the Americans who are paying the Iraqi media to run stories fed to them?
That's a shocking allegation!

I didn't think that the Americans paid for it - I thought they just forced the media to do what they told them
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:49   #13
andyl

Services: NTL 2MB Broadband, x2 phones, digi TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
That's a shocking allegation!

I didn't think that the Americans paid for it - I thought they just forced the media to do what they told them
Well they are paying (http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middl...dia_12-02.html - I've chosen as neutral a link as I can find) ... but of course memories may also linger of the bombing of Al Jazeera's Iraqi bureau. Covering all angles I guess.