Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Superhub 2

Old 29-03-2013, 18:41   #241
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Superhub 2

the nda says we cant discuss the experience of the superhub. we can say that we havent received them yet
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2013, 02:55   #242
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

I see a future of great stock management for these guys...

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Now now, children...

---------- Post added at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2004 View Post
It will be ready when its ready, that's all anybody outside of testing and the trial needs to know as trailists are not allowed to confirm or deny things and should not really be involving themselves in discussions
Triallists joined by their own free will and can say or do anything they want to, including leaving the trial at any point.

They also retain the right to free speech and can involve themselves in any discussion they choose to.

Course if they choose not to because the man doesn't want them to, that's their choice. Nobody needs to know or do anything.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 09:19   #243
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Qasi - the ultimate democrat!

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 11:53   #244
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Qasi - the ultimate democrat!
can you stop doing that
craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 12:20   #245
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
can you stop doing that
Must be a keyboard glitch that prevents me from stopping doing that. Thorry.

BTW, unless they've added antennae to each spatial stream, I'm sceptical of there being wireless improvements. At the moment I've got the SH1 in a high position in a different room from original. In router mode, the range is reasonable as compared with my various routers.

Old 30-03-2013, 23:31   #246
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's simultaneous dual band, which requires a whole new wireless chip entirely. That in itself could make a big difference although depends on what your definition of "improvement" is.
Old 31-03-2013, 00:21   #247
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
It's simultaneous dual band, which requires a whole new wireless chip entirely. That in itself could make a big difference although depends on what your definition of "improvement" is.
Well, if, for example it's 2 antennae for each of 2.4/5GHz, then the 2.4 still would have two antennae as at present. They'd have to do something good with those antennae to improve range (my definition in this case).

Old 31-03-2013, 00:50   #248
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well, if, for example it's 2 antennae for each of 2.4/5GHz, then the 2.4 still would have two antennae as at present. They'd have to do something good with those antennae to improve range (my definition in this case).
Fixed for you :P
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 16:35   #249
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Not necessarily. Plenty of routers with only 2 antennas per band have "better range" than the Superhub according to the many people here who keep recommending them. RT-N56u, Tenda N16, WRT400N, DIR-615, Tl-WDR4300, etc.

Plus, many routers with 3 antenna only use as many as your client device has, so only 1 antenna gets used for most phones/tablets and 2 for most laptops.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:44   #250
Milo60
Inactive

Milo60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
are the ports on the side?

craig2k12 says...
The ports are on the rear of the super hub 2 if this helps.

---------- Post added at 08:40 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
I can confirm you have not said much.

All ports are on the rear of the Super Hub 2 if this helps.

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

Quote:
thenry can give you the gen.
Well i had a Super Hub 2 installed when i upgraded to 152 meg broadband speed
i used to have the first Super Hub before that and was running 120meg speed.
Milo60 is offline   Reply With Quote