Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pay frozen for third year running

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Pay frozen for third year running

Old 23-02-2012, 19:55   #16
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: Pay frozen for third year running

Let me solve so many questions that have been asked of me.

One, Yes l do have a job and yes l am glad l do have one, Two, l am not different to anyone else who has not had a pay rise or an automatic one. Three, I don't know what is happening to everyone else, BUT my council rent has gone up by 8%, my bills have gone up drastically, and continue to go up.

VM prices have gone up by £3.00 per month, car parking has gone up, everything is going up in price, food prices have risen, need l say more.

The United Kingdom is not a third rate country, where poverty is starting to bite, you go onto the High Street and see how many businesses are closing.

Wages need to rise to cover costs for families to live on.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2012, 19:58   #17
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

One, Yes l do have a job and yes l am glad l do have one, Two, l am not different to anyone else who has not had a pay rise or an automatic one. Three, I don't know what is happening to everyone else, BUT my council rent has gone up by 8%, my bills have gone up drastically, and continue to go up.

VM prices have gone up by £3.00 per month, car parking has gone up, everything is going up in price, food prices have risen, need l say more.

The United Kingdom is not a third rate country, where poverty is starting to bite, you go onto the High Street and see how many businesses are closing.

i work there i'm getting a pay rise and a bonus .
Old 23-02-2012, 20:34   #18
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Strikes, strikes, and a little bit of angry people being angry, then I suppose.

something to look forward to in the coming months.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 21:14   #19
Down the Pub
Inactive

Services: Phone/TV/50meg
Down the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond reputeDown the Pub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

prices have gone up for everyone.................what hits one person hits another - how much depends on financial circumstance but it hits all not just selectively.

as for a pay rise well pah. i've not had a proper payrise for a few years.....................in fact i can't remember the last better than cost of living rise i had. i got laid off from my last job a couple of years ago and didn't i notice it - since then my average monthly income is about £5-600 a month down on what i was earning. so out went the luxuries, one car went and cut back on things. been self employed since then and no way in hell can i afford a rise and at the moment earning just enough to cover the bills and stuff and leave a little left for the unexpected.
Down the Pub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 10:49   #20
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Why should public and private sector workers pay the price for the mistakes of incompetent managers and politicians as well as the wealthy?

I mean we did not cause thus economic crisis and yet we are paying the price while the wealthy, managers and politicians still get huge wages and enjoy luxury lifestyles!!!

It is about time we set up a radical movement demanding radical reform to democracy and capitalism!!!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 11:06   #21
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Remember what happened to Wat Tyler.

Spoiler: 
Next time I see Boris Johnson, I will be ready!
Old 24-02-2012, 12:58   #22
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I can see why people see the funny side of this, But we all need finance to survive, you are not going to tell me that you will go into a garage, supermarket, electrical, gas supplier and say, can l have the goods at last years prices - as the answer will be no.

Is the government telling the utility companies and council's you must bring your prices down as the voter is suffering, course they won't.

We have today had to make sacrifices to accommodate these increases, BUT we shouldn't have to, As l have said we are not a third rate country, we pay more taxes than any other country in the world, but we are being treated like one by a government who is quite prepared to give billions of pounds of OUR money to other countries.

But this is what the Tories are about, look after the rich, and go to hell the workers of this country.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 13:18   #23
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
I can see why people see the funny side of this, But we all need finance to survive, you are not going to tell me that you will go into a garage, supermarket, electrical, gas supplier and say, can l have the goods at last years prices - as the answer will be no.

Is the government telling the utility companies and council's you must bring your prices down as the voter is suffering, course they won't.

We have today had to make sacrifices to accommodate these increases, BUT we shouldn't have to, As l have said we are not a third rate country, we pay more taxes than any other country in the world, but we are being treated like one by a government who is quite prepared to give billions of pounds of OUR money to other countries.

But this is what the Tories are about, look after the rich, and go to hell the workers of this country.
I agree with you, we need to teach the government (and Labour) a lesson by voting for any other party apart from Labour/Tories/Lib Dems, only them will they make the radical reforms needed to reform capitalism and demcracy!!!
Old 24-02-2012, 17:00   #24
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Why should public and private sector workers pay the price for the mistakes of incompetent managers and politicians as well as the wealthy?
-Life isn't fair.
-If we could figure out a way to claw back the money from the incompetent managers and politicians, we would! Starting with G Brown & T Bliar perhaps?
-How the hell can you blame 'the wealthy'? Simply having been financially successful in life makes someone guilty of ruining the economy?
Old 24-02-2012, 17:23   #25
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
-Life isn't fair.
-If we could figure out a way to claw back the money from the incompetent managers and politicians, we would! Starting with G Brown & T Bliar perhaps?
-How the hell can you blame 'the wealthy'? Simply having been financially successful in life makes someone guilty of ruining the economy?
Unfortunately Alan seems to forget that without wealthy people we would have no factories,no shops and no jobs .He also thinks that as soon as someone satisfies his definition of wealthy they must be taxed untill they have no wealth .He is of the opinion that people are owed a living ,that it is the governments job to create jobs whilst removing wealth from wealthy people
Old 25-02-2012, 12:38   #26
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
-Life isn't fair.
Life is even more unfair than before for starters (look at the wealth gap), the mistakes of the rich and the wealth gap have caused this economic crisis and that needs to change!

They have held down our wages and benefits and forcing us to pay the price for their mistakes, They have also taken jobs from this country and have backed our politicians to help them do that, what you do not realise is that Capitalism and Democracy is not working and needs to reform, not just here, but worldwide!
Old 25-02-2012, 12:40   #27
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Yes, let's have a world-wide autocratic government, where everyone in charge will be selfless, and look after the interests of others before themselves and their countries.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 12:40   #28
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Unfortunately Alan seems to forget that without wealthy people we would have no factories,no shops and no jobs .He also thinks that as soon as someone satisfies his definition of wealthy they must be taxed untill they have no wealth .He is of the opinion that people are owed a living ,that it is the governments job to create jobs whilst removing wealth from wealthy people
Unfortunately Alan seems to forget that without wealthy people we would have no factories, no shops and no jobs .He also thinks that as soon as someone satisfies his definition of wealthy they must be taxed until they have no wealth .He is of the opinion that people are owed a living, that it is the governments job to create jobs whilst removing wealth from wealthy people!

The wealthy are not paying their fare share of taxes (helped by their many attempts to help them evade them!); they (and the government) are also not creating the decent jobs that are needed and if this not fixed, eventually, people will lose faith in democracy and capitalism and will turn to religious, left wing, and right wing extremism!
Old 26-02-2012, 11:24   #29
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I think its a valid question to ask why is inflation so high whilst wages are static.

The extra money is going somewhere.

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Quote:
What happens when mr billionaire A is living with 1 million other people all jobless except the people he employs himself.

The welfare state is scrapped to keep his taxes nice and low.

Who buys his goods?
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 12:16   #30
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
We need real answers to real problems not crazy fantasies from Alan that don't have a chance in the real world we live in. I sometimes wonder if Alans constant change of subject is down to which lesson he has been attending at university this week.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote