Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free Directory Enquiries for landline customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Phone not ringing to incoming calls

Old 31-05-2007, 20:23   #1
stevebutt
Inactive

Services: Virgin Broadband Size M Virgin TV Size XL and now V+ HD goodness!! TU Weekends Nintendo Wii & 10
stevebutt is on a distinguished roadstevebutt is on a distinguished road
Phone not ringing to incoming calls

Hi i am having a problem with the phone line.

Never had a problem with the phone line in many years of being with NTL Virgin so it could possibly be a problem with my Phillips DECT cordless.

If you ring my landline number from a mobile, it rings but the Phillips phone doesn't. I only noticed this because i tried to dial out but couldn't.

Anybody got a number i can call from my mobile to get to customer services??

Don't really want to pay a packet being on hold if its something wrong with the Phillips unit.
stevebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2007, 22:10   #2
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Phone not ringing to incoming calls

put a wired phone in and try it [borrow one] if its still the same call cust services ,if it works [wired phone],check cordless batts . contact no [0845 454 1111]
Old 31-05-2007, 22:36   #3
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

I've got this problem too. No dial tone. Calling in rings on the line but not the phone. Tried a diff phone with no joy. Called CS on the above number and have a tech coming on monday to fix.

EDIT: forgot to say that i was on the phone to CS for less than 5 mins.
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 15:29   #4
zedrest
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV Sky Sports, 2MB BB, Talk Weekends
zedrest is an unknown quantity at this point

Had this too last week, the details are in the installation thread but had someone out yesterday and was sorted in a few minutes. To do with the street box
zedrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 18:33   #5
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Phone not ringing to incoming calls

Its a straight forward fault if it rings .It could be a wire loose in one of the street boxes .
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:44   #6
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
Its a straight forward fault if it rings .It could be a wire loose in one of the street boxes .
or inadvertantly dissed by an installer because it was in their d-side,nearly all our dissed lines are caused by this,instead of selecting another d-side,even though their allotted one has a live on it,they just diss it off and connect theirs!!!
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 16:55   #7
stevebutt
Inactive

Services: Virgin Broadband Size M Virgin TV Size XL and now V+ HD goodness!! TU Weekends Nintendo Wii & 10
stevebutt is on a distinguished roadstevebutt is on a distinguished road

I can't believe the embarrasment this is going to attract...

THE PHONE WAS SWITCHED OFF AT THE POWER POINT!!!!

my god i am so stupid, thanks for your advice..
stevebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 19:26   #8
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

Update: our phone is now fixed...it was indeed a problem with a loose wire in a street box several streets away!

I don't know how this is cabled up, but there are several boxes between here and where the problem was. Are they all connected?
Old 05-06-2007, 20:03   #9
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Phone not ringing to incoming calls

As on in hour said it was disc by a tech in the box .It always happens round here we call it muppetry .Easy fix for us but bad for the customer
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:33   #10
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav View Post
Update: our phone is now fixed...it was indeed a problem with a loose wire in a street box several streets away!

I don't know how this is cabled up, but there are several boxes between here and where the problem was. Are they all connected?
the box several streets away is where your number comes from 'exchange' to 'distribution'.i.e. wired from where its live in the exchange to a block of 50 'activators' that are relative to another block of 50 in the cabinet where your cable from your house is located.
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 22:15   #11
dav
Inactive

O.....kay.....

It seems cable telephony is more complicated that I could have imagined
Old 14-11-2011, 07:52   #12
Thasha

have the same problem guys, my phone is not ringing incoming calls, but on the callers side its ringing, my phone too is connected to the internet, so my internet is disturbed too, working on and off,I have noticed that whenever its raining my phone disconnects and if I recieve calls the line will be so bad, making it hard for me to hear the caller so I will report the matter to the service provider, because I think it has something to do with the street box....