Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Electricity token meter

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Electricity token meter

Old 17-02-2007, 23:38   #16
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Electricity token meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Cheers both but the supplier I chose isn't open now until monday and I need to sort something out tomorrow.
Your chosen supplier has nothing to do with it. It's who the property is supplied by now that you need to contact.

By chosen supplier you do mean who you want to be with eventually, right?

If so then that is of no consequence now as they'll more than likely not be the supplier now. The change over will take 28 days so you need to contact whoever is the current power company.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2007, 08:04   #17
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Your chosen supplier has nothing to do with it. It's who the property is supplied by now that you need to contact.

By chosen supplier you do mean who you want to be with eventually, right?

If so then that is of no consequence now as they'll more than likely not be the supplier now. The change over will take 28 days so you need to contact whoever is the current power company.
To be honest, this particular situation has no bearing on who the supplier is or os going to be - I just need to get a token or two for the next few days!

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 11:17   #18
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Quote:
To be honest, this particular situation has no bearing on who the supplier is or os going to be - I just need to get a token or two for the next few days!
When we moved into this house, the meter didn't have any credit so I phoned Powergen up, they gave me a temporary number to get some with, without a card.
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 11:34   #19
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Cheers - am on the phone to Powergen right now, let's hope the department is open on sundays. Went to my flat this morning and the emergency credit has gone so there's no electric there at all. £4 in less than 2 days isn't right!

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Just got through to a stuttering (not a speech impediment but in a please-don't-shout-at-me-its-my-first-day sort of way) geordie who told me I'd need to speak to the previous supplier (SWALEC - who are closed today) to sort this out.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 18-02-2007, 12:04   #20
AntiSilence
Inactive

AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Quote:
Cheers - am on the phone to Powergen right now, let's hope the department is open on sundays. Went to my flat this morning and the emergency credit has gone so there's no electric there at all. £4 in less than 2 days isn't right!

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Just got through to a stuttering (not a speech impediment but in a please-don't-shout-at-me-its-my-first-day sort of way) geordie who told me I'd need to speak to the previous supplier (SWALEC - who are closed today) to sort this out.
No, £4 in less than two days isn't right. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Old 18-02-2007, 12:06   #21
Roy MM
Inactive

Services: NTL cable 20mb Broadband, V+ package.
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Roy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appealRoy MM has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Roy MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiSilence View Post
No, £4 in less than two days isn't right. Hope you get it sorted soon.
If the previous tenant was in arrears that would explain why extra money was taken from the meter, to pay off there account.
Roy MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 12:43   #22
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Just borrowed my mate's swipe card to get a £5 token - and it worked! My meter took it, everything is great, except it took £4 for the emergency credit and left me with zero balance so I need to put more on again but that's not so important, at least I now know it works. I'll be straight on to the supplier tomorrow to zero off any debt from the previous tennant.

Cheers everyone

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 18-02-2007, 13:56   #23
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Which is want I told you several posts ago Russ.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 07:32   #24
AntiSilence
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy MM View Post
If the previous tenant was in arrears that would explain why extra money was taken from the meter, to pay off there account.
Well yeah, but it still ain't right!