Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | mastercare or currys coverplan

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

mastercare or currys coverplan

Old 24-03-2011, 09:35   #16
torla
Inactive

torla is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mastercare or currys coverplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm1 View Post
I wouldnt say that. bought a set two years ago for £199 which developed a fault they could not repair. They gave me a loan set (after I asked) then about 10 days after I had vouchers for £ 280 for a set and £ 70 towards a new cover plan.

Cover plans are only a waste of money if nothing goes wrong, but if it does..................!
Don't agree, my daughter, both daughters actually on 2 seperate contracts, but one in particular her laptop went in several times a few times for the same fault and once for a length of time. I thought or expected at least a replacement but they wouldn't. surely it would have been cheaper to have done that
torla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2011, 11:33   #17
Rockabilly Spike
Inactive

Rockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud of

mastercare don't work for Dixons group anymore. everything is done in house at Newark through The Tech Guys, which are in the process of being renamed to KnowHow.

everyone in the company undergoing new training, new support agreements with new T&C etc etc.
on paper it all looks very good, in the real world...its far too expensive for what is generally regarded as disposable technology now
Rockabilly Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 11:48   #18
torla
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabilly Spike View Post
mastercare don't work for Dixons group anymore. everything is done in house at Newark through The Tech Guys, which are in the process of being renamed to KnowHow.

everyone in the company undergoing new training, new support agreements with new T&C etc etc.
on paper it all looks very good, in the real world...its far too expensive for what is generally regarded as disposable technology now
All well and good you say they change but that should not change or make a difference to us customers. Been on contract since I think 2007
Old 24-03-2011, 12:05   #19
Rockabilly Spike
Inactive

Rockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud ofRockabilly Spike has much to be proud of

its supposed to make a difference to new customers! ha
Old 24-03-2011, 14:24   #20
torla
Inactive

ha? not sure which way to take that - not the attiude of a big company
Old 24-03-2011, 14:29   #21
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by torla View Post
ha? not sure which way to take that - not the attiude of a big company
What has his comments got to do with the company he works for, is this in anyway an official forum of Currys? no it is not so he is fully entitled to giving his opinions the same as you are, so climb down from that big horse before you fall down and hurt yourself.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 14:58   #22
Rockabilly Spike
Inactive

in my 3 years of working there, the amount of people not getting the service they're paying for far outweighs the ones that are!

the new KNOHHOW system and services on paper looks fanatastic, but as to whether it'll actually be carried out, is debatable.
yes I am indeed a jaded employee. I'd love to be proved wrong but all I can see is a lot of people thinking the service sounds great but not wanting to pay around £8-12 per month for it.
its just too expensive.
Old 24-03-2011, 15:28   #23
torla
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
What has his comments got to do with the company he works for, is this in anyway an official forum of Currys? no it is not so he is fully entitled to giving his opinions the same as you are, so climb down from that big horse before you fall down and hurt yourself.
wow make sure you don't fall off the horse before me, who mentioned who he works for or with anything he does?