Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | leaving vm questions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

leaving vm questions

Old 25-02-2012, 20:30   #1
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
leaving vm questions

Hi all

my father in law is moving home and just have a question regarding email as my wife still is using the email address that is attached to his account.

Main questions can her email be moved over to my account and also how long would the email accounts in general be kept active
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2012, 20:37   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: leaving vm questions

I think the email closes when the account closes and you can;t transfer them
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 09:20   #3
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

You could move all the mailboxes from their account to yours once their account has been closed, but they would replace your current mailboxes.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 09:30   #4
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My VM email is still working..l how long for though, is anyone's guess.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 10:03   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

You may have up to 90 days before the mailboxes close but that is not set in stone and they can close anytime after the broadband account closes.

You could do a move and transfer from your father in laws account but that would require both him and you to be present on the same call to pass Data Protection, but it would replace any existing email addresses already on your account.

You can make a new email address for her on your account and forward all emails to it including the address book or she can open an independent account such as Gmail.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 10:15   #6
DocDutch
argh

DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Peter and nopanic thanks for that info so if both my father in law and me phone virgin we can have all accounts on mine that's good news will do that as i am only using 1 out of 10
Old 26-02-2012, 10:24   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
Peter and nopanic thanks for that info so if both my father in law and me phone virgin we can have all accounts on mine that's good news will do that as i am only using 1 out of 10
You will lose any email address already on your account, but be aware that whatever the Primary email address is on your father in laws account that will be the controlling email address on your account so you would need to change it to another address unless its already your wifes email address.
Old 26-02-2012, 12:22   #8
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age

Quote:
As above ..

Your fathers account with REPLACE your account .. any mailboxes on your account will be DELETED.

There is no facility to move individual mailboxes to other accounts.
Old 26-02-2012, 12:32   #9
DocDutch
argh

okay I'll have a think about that saying that the only thing I use my @ntlworld email for is e-billing with VM so no big loss if thats gone.
Old 26-02-2012, 12:53   #10
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Personally, I'd be tempted to move to Gmail or something similar anyway. If you were ever to decide to leave VM you will lose the addresses. There's no point (imo) to stick with email addresses that are temporary. All you're doing is delaying having to make a switch.
Old 26-02-2012, 17:39   #11
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
okay I'll have a think about that saying that the only thing I use my @ntlworld email for is e-billing with VM so no big loss if thats gone.
Your ebilling address could be change to whatever you like, one of your dad's if you wished.
Old 27-02-2012, 15:00   #12
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Hi all

my father in law is moving home and just have a question regarding email as my wife still is using the email address that is attached to his account.

Main questions can her email be moved over to my account and also how long would the email accounts in general be kept active
there is one other way to do it, assuming your father in law has upgraded the ntlworld emaisl to virignmeida address,

however i will warned that doign it this way would be very dangerous as you could lose the email adddress completely

basically what you would need to do is....

first yoru wife download all the emails from here email to a mail client like thunderbird

then your father in law goe sinto my virign meid and and delted the email address

right after he confirmes it delted, you would already be logged into myvirign meida

you click on add new email and add th same email address,

HOWEVER AND I AM STRESSING THIS IS CAPCITL, IT IS POSSIBLE SOMEONE COUDL ADD THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS BEFORE YOU DO MEANING IT IS LOST

i would only suggest this as a very veyr last resort, plese bear in mind what others have said if you move yoru father in law emaisl to yours , if you have ntlworld or virignmeida email address it will be lost to
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 20:07   #13
Nopanic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
there is one other way to do it, assuming your father in law has upgraded the ntlworld emaisl to virignmeida address,

however i will warned that doign it this way would be very dangerous as you could lose the email adddress completely

basically what you would need to do is....

first yoru wife download all the emails from here email to a mail client like thunderbird

then your father in law goe sinto my virign meid and and delted the email address

right after he confirmes it delted, you would already be logged into myvirign meida

you click on add new email and add th same email address,

HOWEVER AND I AM STRESSING THIS IS CAPCITL, IT IS POSSIBLE SOMEONE COUDL ADD THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS BEFORE YOU DO MEANING IT IS LOST

i would only suggest this as a very veyr last resort, plese bear in mind what others have said if you move yoru father in law emaisl to yours , if you have ntlworld or virignmeida email address it will be lost to
When you delete an address it is retained for 90 days on VM's side and once deleted from VM's side Google hold it for 5 days before it can be added again.

We don't tend to release addresses due to the risk of data protection.
Old 27-02-2012, 20:47   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopanic View Post
When you delete an address it is retained for 90 days on VM's side and once deleted from VM's side Google hold it for 5 days before it can be added again.

We don't tend to release addresses due to the risk of data protection.
Quite correct so nothing you should even try as it make end with up tears before bedtime.
Old 27-02-2012, 21:56   #15
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

i have done it successfully after onyl a few day s think about it, if they didnt release the address a eventally peopel wont be able to get realistic emaisl addresses

data protection rofl once it delted teh emails should in thoery be delete so once readded toa new accoutn it should never link if it does virgin really has a really crappy it system

edit should have said i done that when it was stillt elewest
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote