Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller Display going Free ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Caller Display going Free ?

Old 29-09-2010, 18:19   #1
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Caller Display going Free ?

I was just on hotukdeals and someone on there said they were on the phone to VM and were told that Caller Display will be going free for all customers from october. Someone also claiming to work for VM posted the following -

Quote:
I work for them and here is our briefing:

The roll out of Free Caller Display will start at the end of September 2010 and is expected to be completed during March 2011.

All new customers will be provisioned with Caller Display as default from mid-October onwards.

As part of rolling this out to all customers, where Caller Display is not currently available, we’ll make appropriate upgrades to the network and also ensure current provisioning issues are fixed.
Can anyone here comfirm this or provide more details ? I.e will it be automatically applied or will you have to phone up and ask for it etc etc.

Hope this is not already asked. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything directly related to it.

Thanks.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2010, 18:52   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Caller Display going Free ?

It is going to be free. The last couple of pages of the following thread go into what is happening in more detail.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/59...available.html

Though the thread title would lead you to think otherwise and could possibly do with revising.
Old 29-09-2010, 19:14   #3
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
It is going to be free. The last couple of pages of the following thread go into what is happening in more detail.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/59...available.html

Though the thread title would lead you to think otherwise and could possibly do with revising.
Thanks joglynne. Will take a look now
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 17:58   #4
simon d
Inactive

simon d is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a new customer and I have caller display and I am paying £2.00/ month to VM.

I just phoned and asked about the free caller display that VM is rolling out and been informed that it has now been stopped.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Simon
simon d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 18:11   #5
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

If you look at the last couple of pages as linked above, you'll find the answer.
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 18:56   #6
simon d
Inactive

simon d is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls9 View Post
If you look at the last couple of pages as linked above, you'll find the answer.
Thanks

Cancelled, due to techincal issues?
simon d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 16:44   #7
LBDan
Inactive

LBDan is an unknown quantity at this point

any news on this ?
LBDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 16:51   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

still cancelled
Old 28-12-2010, 13:08   #9
barnsley
Inactive

Services: VM Phone (M) VM XXXL BB (100Mbps)
barnsley is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon all,

Just to add my bit to this thread. I got a call from UK based VM customer support asking about my service from VM. Gave him the full story (not good) and said I was very unhappy with VM as they could not get my order right. Anyhow long story short told that caller dispaly is now free and would be activated on my acccount with 24hrs. It was and I'm not seeing any charges for this service.

barnsley
barnsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 13:28   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's not free for everyone, however some agents do have leeway to give it free, just as they always have done