Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UK Virgin Media phone number?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

UK Virgin Media phone number?

Old 03-10-2007, 22:50   #1
Phil136
Inactive

Services: NTL 2mb
Phil136 is an unknown quantity at this point
UK Virgin Media phone number?

Hey,

I have tried searching around the forum but couldn't find a UK phone number.
We are having serious trouble with our internet that started 2 weeks ago. It just stopped working, so we rang the tech support in India and they booked us a technician for the following week. A week later the technician came out and installed a new modem and 5 minutes later he was gone.
The internet worked fine for a day, then it stopped working again.... We called tech support again and once again they booked us a technician for a week later which was yesterday.
Once again, he came, gave us yet another new modem as apparently there was too much power coming up our line and it burnt the other modem out. This time he fitted an attenuator on the back of the modem to bring the power levels down to what they should be.
Its now a day later and guess what... We have no internet again (writing this from dads house)
As before, we phoned VM up again but they are expecting us to wait another week for a technician to come out and sort the problem. That will be 3 weeks without internet which is pathetic. We tried "customer service" but they don't have a clue either.

Is there anyone here that works for VM or knows of a phone number so I can speak to someone in the UK that may be able to sort this out for me? If anyone does, could you please PM me or reply here as this is getting beyond a joke now...

Sorry about the long rant, just really beginning to annoy me getting absolutely nowhere with the call center!

Cheers in advance..
Phil
Phil136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2007, 13:19   #2
XFS03

Services: XL broadband ntl250 modem
Re: UK Virgin Media phone number?

I can't advise you about the phone number you are after, but what I find strange is that the modem works for around 1 day & then packs up.

When the modems were changed, did the mains adapter get changed as well? Assuming that the modems are getting damaged somehow, I am wondering if it may be a faulty adapter that is breaking them?
Old 05-10-2007, 13:23   #3
Akia

There isn't one.

You go to the first avalible agent no matter where they are the UK or India.

The only thing you can do is hang up and redial.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:14   #4
ambc_666
Inactive

ambc_666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil136 View Post
Is there anyone here that works for VM or knows of a phone number so I can speak to someone in the UK that may be able to sort this out for me?
how do you know it wasnt the uk you were through to? the call centre i work in over 1/4 of the people in it are indian. there only is the 1 number though. what light on the modem is flashing? sometimes it doesnt matter if its a "uk" agent you speak with, theres some things agents cant fix and it needs a tech no matter how much you complain. at the end of the day, if it requires a tech to fix it then theres nothing the agent can do but book a tech. dont know if your ntl or telewest but if you have a motorola modem then if its a recieve or send light flashing its a straight tech if there are no outages in the area, nothing any agent can do to fix the problem.
ambc_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45   #5
darkrage
Inactive

Services: 100meg with L tv and XL phone.
darkrage is an unknown quantity at this point

when u speak with them ask - if they say they are an indian tech then hang up and redial until you get thru to someone who says yes we are an english/scottish/welsh help desk thats what i do - this is due to me knowing they can not help me atleast with a uk help desk when im talking about packet loss or throttling or latency they understand what i mean and when they ask have u disconected your modem from your router and i reply yes been there done that they dont continue on explaining step by step how to disconnect my router - another thing is when i tell them that im getting severe packet loss on the bagu-t2cam1-b-v108.inet.ntl.com a uk rep knows that i have some knowledge in how these things work and actually asks questions that are on the same line that im moaning about.

anyway rant over lol i hope this helps a little

regarding ambc's comment - yes somethings techs cant help with but they can test the line for you and check if it is a prolem at their end maybe upping the freq of the modem for instance - if its a uk tech it costs alot less talking them and if it is their fault you get a full refund of the call instead of an indian tech who cant answer your question so they hang up or put you on hold saying they are transfering you to a colleague who can help then it hangs up - that has happened to me a few times another reason i dont want to speak with them.

lol now ranting over hope no one takes offence as this is purely my view from my experience with certain techs.
darkrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 08:56   #6
Jenwasmum
Inactive

Jenwasmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Phone Head Office on 01256 752000
Jenwasmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 10:25   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenwasmum View Post
You are replying to a thread that is over 2.5 years old.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 10:25   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenwasmum View Post
This was posted three years ago.. I would hope he's solved the problem by now..

Anyhow, thanks and welcome to the forum.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 16:17   #9
taylorig
Inactive

Services: VM Basic TV/30Mbit BB/Phone
taylorig is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, Classic!

This has to be the "Bump" of the century
taylorig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010, 16:29   #10
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Nah, we've had a few 2005 threads bumped recently
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:15   #11
PGPGPG
Inactive

PGPGPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Well The forums are not only used to help the people who open up a thread, If a thread gets ranked in search engine and some one comes to that thread then visitors can get help reading those forums.
For virgin you can try
01256 752000
OR
0114 3030430

Might help
PGPGPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:54   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGPGPG View Post
Well The forums are not only used to help the people who open up a thread, If a thread gets ranked in search engine and some one comes to that thread then visitors can get help reading those forums.
For virgin you can try
01256 752000
OR
0114 3030430

Might help
He will not get through to any centre that can help or even transfer him to the relevant department, so a pointless reply.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:41   #13
psychbot
Inactive

psychbot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
He will not get through to any centre that can help or even transfer him to the relevant department, so a pointless reply.
Grumpy Masque!

Thanks PGPGPG, not a pointless reply. Those numbers were of use to me. My mobile contract won't allow me to call 08 numbers with my 300 min.
psychbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 15:41   #14
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychbot View Post
Grumpy Masque!

Thanks PGPGPG, not a pointless reply. Those numbers were of use to me. My mobile contract won't allow me to call 08 numbers with my 300 min.
Most times you will not be transferred through as the agents can get into trouble, I will transfer you myself though if you come through to me.

That post was outlining what the correct process was not my process as I will transfer mobile customers.
Old 28-11-2011, 12:03   #15
multiuser
Inactive

multiuser is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGPGPG View Post
For virgin you can try
01256 752000
OR
0114 3030430

Might help
Thank you PGPGPG. very helpful !!!! Companies that hide behind premium rate numbers are doing themselves a dis-service. I prefer to contract with companies that use landline numbers within my mobile call plan.
multiuser is offline   Reply With Quote