Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | setting up a second tv for vm + hd

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

New install a liitle worried

Old 07-02-2011, 23:31   #1
johnhorton79
Inactive

johnhorton79 is an unknown quantity at this point
New install a liitle worried

Hi Guys just found this forum as im think i may have problems im a current virgin media custoemr with 50 meg - im moving house in a week and have an install booked for the 14 having got the keys to the new property today it does not look like there has been virgin media there before and i cnt see a point where the cable has been laid - the house is next to a main road with the side of the house facing the main road and i have noticed there is a catv metal lid in the ground on the main road not far from the house but cannt see anywhere where the cable can be run to the house - after speaking to the next door neighbour he said he cannot get cable cause on a private road and i did a check online and it shows he not in a cable area but for our new address shows on a cable area im a liitle worried as really do not want the internet with anyone else

would anyone have any ideas what could happen with this i spoke with virgin to check and they say cable never been installed in the house before but thaat its definatly ina service area but next door in not cause of the private road

kind regards

John
johnhorton79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2011, 00:10   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: New install a liitle worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhorton79 View Post
Hi Guys just found this forum as im think i may have problems im a current virgin media custoemr with 50 meg - im moving house in a week and have an install booked for the 14 having got the keys to the new property today it does not look like there has been virgin media there before and i cnt see a point where the cable has been laid - the house is next to a main road with the side of the house facing the main road and i have noticed there is a catv metal lid in the ground on the main road not far from the house but cannt see anywhere where the cable can be run to the house - after speaking to the next door neighbour he said he cannot get cable cause on a private road and i did a check online and it shows he not in a cable area but for our new address shows on a cable area im a liitle worried as really do not want the internet with anyone else

would anyone have any ideas what could happen with this i spoke with virgin to check and they say cable never been installed in the house before but thaat its definatly ina service area but next door in not cause of the private road

kind regards

John

to the forum, John!

Stop worrying, you should be ok. VM will do a check a few days beofre to pull the cable through, ready for install day.

if there are any problems found at this stage, then you'll be informed.

The house I live in now had never had cable when we moved in 6 years ago, but everything went ok for us. There was a blocked Tee, but this was sorted a few days before we moved in.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 00:20   #3
johnhorton79
Inactive

Thanks for this quick reply Digital Fantastic, yh hopefully things will be ok was just worried that next door not able to get it but the side of the house we have is on the main road i have my fingers crossed lol
Old 08-02-2011, 13:50   #4
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Thanks for this quick reply Digital Fantastic, yh hopefully things will be ok was just worried that next door not able to get it but the side of the house we have is on the main road i have my fingers crossed lol
Let us know how you get on
Old 11-02-2011, 15:59   #5
johnhorton79
Inactive

hey there just an update for u as it stands there is no t point at the house some guys game out on tuesday something to do with cables and said the constuction team need to come out and he sprayed where the tpoint is going - getting worried now as its friday and no constuction team and the installation is monday - spoke to customer services who says they cant shee a contruction team on the job i have no idea whats going to happen now the woman on the phone wasnt very helpful
Old 11-02-2011, 18:11   #6
johnhorton79
Inactive

just spokon to the construction team and they have advised there will be a contractor there tomorrow so hopefully thats the last of me worry lol
Old 11-02-2011, 19:24   #7
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
just spokon to the construction team and they have advised there will be a contractor there tomorrow so hopefully thats the last of me worry lol
It will be fine. Stop worrying
Old 11-02-2011, 19:31   #8
johnhorton79
Inactive

cheers yeah the worrying has stopped now lol - and i would like to apologise for my awful grammer lol
Old 25-02-2011, 01:56   #9
johnhorton79
Inactive

hi guys just thought i would let you know that the install all went though without any problems even next door which was non serve now has vm
Old 25-02-2011, 09:21   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Thanks for the update John, glad it all went according to plan for you. It usually does work out ... forums like these do tend to attract the stories of when it doesn't.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2011, 09:22   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
hi guys just thought i would let you know that the install all went though without any problems even next door which was non serve now has vm
Nice one that is good news.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote