Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Config file help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Config file help

Old 26-10-2008, 13:51   #31
Lucifer1
Inactive

Lucifer1 is on a distinguished roadLucifer1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Config file help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
It's not wrong, it's a lie.

So now your config file is 256 upload and you're on NTL network?
if they can change yours and they know that others are being short changed then it will be very interesting.
After the chat i has with CS im not on the 2 meg (M) package any more...

Lucifer
Lucifer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-10-2008, 13:59   #32
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer1 View Post
After the chat i has with CS im not on the 2 meg (M) package any more...

They give you 10 for free?
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 15:07   #33
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute

Ive contacted the ASA, ISPA regarding this, and suggested this story to www.theregister.co.uk.

Sorry guys, I know a substantial number work for VM, and I hold no grudges against you, I just dislike being mis-sold and short changed, and no, I can't go to another ISP, I live too far from any digitally enabled exchanges.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 15:11   #34
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milambar View Post
Ive contacted the ASA, ISPA regarding this, and suggested this story to www.theregister.co.uk.

Sorry guys, I know a substantial number work for VM, and I hold no grudges against you, I just dislike being mis-sold and short changed, and no, I can't go to another ISP, I live too far from any digitally enabled exchanges.
I'm sure you're not the only one to have reported it
and it's only because as what you say, mis-sold and short changed.
Old 26-10-2008, 15:20   #35
r00t
Inactive

Services: Your pseudo 'tech' ego.
r00t has reached the bronze age
r00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze ager00t has reached the bronze age

Good on you Milambar, well done for taking action rather than just bleating about it.
Let us know how you get on
r00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2008, 15:26   #36
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t View Post
Good on you Milambar, well done for taking action rather than just bleating about it
I reported it too
Old 26-10-2008, 15:56   #37
whydoIneedatech

Services: VIRGIN MEDIA , 20 Mb BB, V+ Box, XL Phone and 2 Virgin Mobiles

Quote:
So now your config file is 256 upload and you're on NTL network?
if they can change yours and they know that others are being short changed then it will be very interesting.
That I suspect is not at all possible as it is platform related.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Quote:
I reported it too
Good for you, you probably do need to provide proof to them such as your bill and possibly a config screenshot.
Old 26-10-2008, 16:18   #38
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoIneedatech View Post
That I suspect is not at all possible as it is platform related
I know that there may be a reason, but the point is one gets more than the other, and they know they do it. they still sell it as that figure knowing that they are not giving it to some.
it's not a mistake, and it's not a mis-print.
they can give reasons even why it's not possible to give 256k to one and not the other, but at the end of the day it's happening and they don't say anywhere it is or might.

Upload is important now with STM, and they've already took 56k off you before they take some more when STM kicks in.

Quote:
Good for you, you probably do need to provide proof to them such as your bill and possibly a config screenshot.
The link to the page and screenshot from mate on NTL platform is all I sent in.
Old 26-10-2008, 16:25   #39
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
The link to the page and screenshot from mate on NTL platform is all I sent in.
I do not know how they work and they may ask to see his bill as the config screenshot could be taken from a post.

But good luck with it anyway.
Old 26-10-2008, 16:30   #40
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I do not know how they work and they may ask to see his bill as the config screenshot could be taken from a post.

But good luck with it anyway.
A bill isn't going to show anything.
it's not as if it's not true is it, they are hardly likely to be told by Virgin that we give all NTL people the 256 and I don't know where you thought we don't
Old 26-10-2008, 16:34   #41
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
A bill isn't going to show anything.
it's not as if it's not true is it, they are hardly likely to be told by Virgin that we give all NTL people the 256 and I don't know where you thought we don't
The bill is to prove he is a 2MB customer nothing more.
Old 26-10-2008, 16:40   #42
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The bill is to prove he is a 2MB customer nothing more.
Oh, well if they ask for it I can't see a problem with that.
but do you have to be a customer to complain anyway?
Old 26-10-2008, 16:42   #43
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
Oh, well if they ask for it I can't see a problem with that.
but do you have to be a customer to complain anyway?
Well if you were not a customer then they would question why you want to complain as it would look suspicious.
Old 26-10-2008, 16:47   #44
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well if you were not a customer then they would question why you want to complain as it would look suspicious.
Yeh, just like they do when Sky complains about Virgin, and Virgin complains about Sky
Old 26-10-2008, 16:55   #45
whydoIneedatech

Quote:
Yeh, just like they do when Sky complains about Virgin, and Virgin complains about Sky
They are Multinationals not members of the public.