Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 13-12-2016, 14:02   #2356
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Is it possible to transfer all your recordings from your old Tivo to your new box? If so, how long would that take?

I'm assuming the answer is no, but thought I'd ask anyway! My understanding is that you can view them but not transfer them from one box to another.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 13-12-2016 at 14:08.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-12-2016, 14:04   #2357
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You can transfer your Series Link settings, but not the recordings themselves.
Old 13-12-2016, 14:09   #2358
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Thanks for confirming that, Ben.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 14:24   #2359
daz100
Inactive

daz100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
How long does this take?

I have just tried and been 30 minutes but nothing so far.
daz100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 14:36   #2360
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
What about Wishlists?.
Old 13-12-2016, 15:15   #2361
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Series Links, Thumbs and Wishlists can all be copied.
Old 13-12-2016, 15:39   #2362
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz100 View Post
How long does this take?

I have just tried and been 30 minutes but nothing so far.
you may need to manually connect to the VM network on the new Tivo to see the series links?
I'm just guessing as I don't have a v6 until Jan.
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 15:55   #2363
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

You have to use the option in Manange my TiVo at www.virginmedia.com/tvanywhere. It's not automatic
Old 13-12-2016, 16:53   #2364
daz100
Inactive

daz100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You have to use the option in Manange my TiVo at www.virginmedia.com/tvanywhere. It's not automatic
It has done it just took about 45 minutes to show up on the v6.
daz100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 17:34   #2365
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

TiVo: The monthly TiVo charge is £5 per TiVo box (on top of your Player TV, Mix TV, Fun TV or Full House TV package’). Content available to view depends on your TV package. TiVo box remains property of Virgin Media.

I thought it was £11.50 for the TiVo boxes and £6.50 for VHDs...hmmm
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 17:51   #2366
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

That's the TiVo fee. It's why there was the £5 difference for the additional outlets when V boxes were still sold.

However on the 1st September, V HD boxes stopped being sold and the monthly cost for new additional boxes was dropped to £7.50 a month.

For the core TV bundles the £5 fee is always included in any quoted cost, as there is now no other way to get TV apart from TiVo or V6 - both of which need the TiVo charge.
Old 13-12-2016, 17:52   #2367
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Ah I see...cheers Ben

I have 2 x VHD boxes on my account - This will be until Feb when my V6s replace them. Would you say I'm not being charged for them because when the V6s arrive, my bill goes up £10.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 13-12-2016 at 17:55.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 00:43   #2368
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Ah I see...cheers Ben

I have 2 x VHD boxes on my account - This will be until Feb when my V6s replace them. Would you say I'm not being charged for them because when the V6s arrive, my bill goes up £10.
No you shouldn't be charged until they are installed
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2016, 00:58   #2369
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Remember you can only download from discovery, kids channels and qvc with limited shows on itv and UKTV but no Sky
Piratebay is your friend :-)

..and a good VPN as well...

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:55 ----------

Quote:
Because that would be TOO useful...

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

Quote:
That's the TiVo fee. It's why there was the £5 difference for the additional outlets when V boxes were still sold.

However on the 1st September, V HD boxes stopped being sold and the monthly cost for new additional boxes was dropped to £7.50 a month.

For the core TV bundles the £5 fee is always included in any quoted cost, as there is now no other way to get TV apart from TiVo or V6 - both of which need the TiVo charge.
So, any chance of VM being honest and just changing the price of the TV package, disingenuous doesn't begin to describe it.
Old 14-12-2016, 01:38   #2370
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
So, any chance of VM being honest and just changing the price of the TV package, disingenuous doesn't begin to describe it.
The quoted prices for the TV packs and bundles including TV have included the TiVo fee in the headline amount since TiVo became the main box several years ago.

What did happen is you would be charge £5 less than the advertised price if you decided to take a V HD box as your main box. That option to take V HD as the main box was stopped mid-November 2015, when all bundles changed to require TiVo.

I don't see there is anything disingenuous about it. When you take TV with TiVo or V6 you're charged the figure you were quoted.

I'd expect there is a licencing or accounting reason why VM have to make it clear that £5 of the TV pack charges is the TiVo fee.