Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

360 Software Updates

Old 18-06-2022, 08:54   #1
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
360 Software Updates

Some new features and improvements to the 360 to look forward to soon in the next update. I am particularly pleased about not recording movies in 2 parts anymore.
Here is the 4.40 version update from Ziggo TV, the Liberty Global Netherlands operation...https://community-ziggo-nl.translate...n&_x_tr_pto=sc

Last edited by fox35; 18-06-2022 at 10:28.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-07-2022, 13:31   #2
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: 360 Version 4.40 Update

It's here. The update landed on both my 360 boxes overnight. The new update is version 4.41 - similar to the last update which skipped an iteration. At first glance, the menus have been rearranged and reordered. No change to the blocky subtitles with the black background. Just the usual and unhelpful generic info about the new version. I will explore more when I have more time.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2022, 16:35   #3
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

The big question... Is there a "recycle bin"? IE can you recover deleted shows?
Old 13-07-2022, 16:52   #4
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I'm still using a pair of V6 boxes. Is the 360 stable now? What are the main things I'll sacrifice (apart from existing recordings) if I asked for the newer boxes? What are the big benefits?
And does anyone know if the V6 will be retired in the next year or so?
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2022, 17:09   #5
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
The big question... Is there a "recycle bin"? IE can you recover deleted shows?
Not yet (sigh). But I live in hope.

However, there is a comprehensive rundown of the 4.41 features kindly supplied by NewApollo over on the Virgin Media Comunity Forum. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...1/td-p/5066037
Old 15-07-2022, 12:01   #6
heavyside
cf.geek

There is now a short video outlining the new 4.41 update available on the home page of updated boxes.
Old 27-07-2022, 22:23   #7
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Just home from holiday to find our 360 box has been updated in Teesside
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2022, 11:20   #8
fox35
cf.addict

fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 360 Software Updates

From the VM website…
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...d/ba-p/5076140
Old 03-08-2022, 18:20   #9
fox35
cf.addict

Have to say, I was rather disappointed when I first converted from the V6 to the 360, but nearly 2 years on and after several updates, especially this last one, I am now a full convert to its intuitive and modern design and UI. Clearly it's pushing Catch Up, On-Demand, Box-Sets and Streaming content over the old cable TV system and hard drive recording. I've found I'm recording very little, as pretty much all the main content is available on demand via the Catch-Up or Watch From Start functionality. Hopefully with the remaining streamers to jump on board (Paramount+, Discovery+ and proper future Netflix integration into the Watchlist) aswell as a few more tweaks (a Deleted Folder and an updated proper Series Link+ function) then the Virgin 360 will have a long future ahead.
Old 03-08-2022, 19:55   #10
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

The only thing stopping me moving over is not being able to transfer over the series links. With around 200 on one box (granted some are old and won't be any new series) it's a lot to have to set up again for 2 boxes in the house.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 20:28   #11
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

So, how can Disney+ not be on the V6 boxes too?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 20:33   #12
fox35
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
The only thing stopping me moving over is not being able to transfer over the series links. With around 200 on one box (granted some are old and won't be any new series) it's a lot to have to set up again for 2 boxes in the house.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure you can just say the names of your shows into the voice remote, then just click on or say "Add To Watchlist" or say "Record Whole Series" and these will then be duplicated onto both your boxes for easy playback. Took me a while to finally get used to talking into the remote, but it's so much easier and quicker than scrolling through endless menus and sub menus of the heavy text laden U.I. of the V6/Tivo or even Sky+ for that matter.

Last edited by fox35; 03-08-2022 at 20:56.
Old 12-08-2022, 15:42   #13
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

I'm on the 360 version has anyone tried pressing 555 on the remote it brings up a shorter epg in large font
Rob King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 16:09   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
I'm on the 360 version has anyone tried pressing 555 on the remote it brings up a shorter epg in large font
That's been there a while now. You can also turn it on permanently in settings