Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 12-12-2015, 12:34   #2476
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

My flying lesson cancelled today. I just knew that would happen

Woudn't mind, the weather was great for it yesterday.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2015, 12:44   #2477
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Cyclists on roundabouts are invisible to most drivers.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 16:32   #2478
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Just got a TV guide covering the festive season and Christmas day on all 5 main channels is wall to wall rubbish unless you like soaps, repeats or Saturday evening TV.

At least I'll have my portable HDD with plenty of blockbusters on it.
Old 12-12-2015, 16:34   #2479
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The best stuff is in the new year.
Old 12-12-2015, 17:37   #2480
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Websites changing homepage styles all the time. I disliked the new BBC Sport page when they made it yellow and black, and their new BETA layout looks like a kid designed it. Why mess with something is perfectly adequate?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 17:49   #2481
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

It's the M$ effect. Keep mucking it about until enough people complain and then backpeddle.
Old 12-12-2015, 18:35   #2482
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The new BBC website is utter rubbish.
Old 13-12-2015, 20:08   #2483
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Insurance (and specifically Corgi)

Back in December 2011, I had a new boiler (Valiant Ecotect Plus 831) installed and the rest of the system checked and power flushed. Until this year, apart from the odd pressure drop, it's been fairly reliable. It's insured with Corgi (on the original installer's recommendation) and has been serviced regularly.

Then, a few months ago, the pressure drops started occuring regularly, so I called Corgi. They sent three engineers in. All said how well the system was installed, two said nothing was wrong as the pressure drops were normal (they also told me to disregard the installer's warning about maximum pressure). The third cleaned the filter and said that should solve the pressure problem.

It didn't, so, having lost confidence in Corgi engineers, I attempted to contact the original installer. Every time I rang (or ring, even now), after several rings, the call would go to voicemail and he never got back to me. So, I found another engineer. He came highly recommended, so I got him in. He said how well the system had been installed, and cleaned the filter (again). He also asked if the installed had flushed a sealant through the system as a lot of the pipes are 20+ years old, so could be leaking. I said they hadn't (fairly certain I'd have been billed for it if they had), so he quoted me £200 for the service and putting the gel in the system. This was on a Saturday, so I didn't object too much and paid it. He also said that if the leaks came back or carried on, it was likely that the heat exchanger was leaking. He warned us this is not a cheap repair as the part itself is over £300, but should be covered by Corgi.

However, the Gel worked and for a few months, we had no problems. So, when the problems started again (this time accompanied by the hot water suddenly running cold), I called Corgi. The engineer came in, opened the boiler up, checked a couple of things, said that he thought the filter had been installed on the wrong pipe and left, saying he needed to check the Manufacturer's documentation to confirm this and would email me the next day with what he found and some advice on how to proceed.

Bearing in mind that 4 engineers (including 3 from Corgi) had looked at the system and said how well the installation was done, I found that a little suspicious, so I looked up Vaillant's installation manual, which appeared to say that the filter should be installed either on the pipe it was OR the one the last engineer had said depending on the type of heating in use. As I don't know what type of heating is in use beyond having a combi boiler attached to radiators, I can't say for certain whether the engineer was right or not. The manual is presumably meant for trained heating engineers, so is a little vague and makes no attempt to define the two types of heating.

The next day, after me hanging on the phone to Corgi for 45 minutes, I got through to someone who could help as the engineer had not made any attempt to contact me. He'd noted on my account that I would need, at my own expense, to get the filter installed on the correct pipe and to have the system flushed again.

So, I attempted (and failed) to get hold of the installer. When I failed to to this, I phone the last non-corgi engineer to have a look at it. He would not advise me one way or the other, but quoted me £500 to move the filter and power flush the system. I can get a new boiler for £800, and this one is only just over 3 years old.

So now, I am unsure what to do. Spend £500 with little or no real guarantee that either it will fix the problem (if the Corgi engineer was wrong, I don't think it will) or that Corgi will actually do anything if I do spend the money. What has made me unsure is that despite Corgi's assertion that it is difficult for an engineer to spot that the filter is on the wrong pipe, I find it hard to believe that four of them would miss it being installed on the wrong pipe, especially as they *all* checked the filter, and two of them opened it up and cleaned it.

In short ,the boiler is currently working, but needs to be powered off and on again regularly, and needs regular top ups, which it shouldn't.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2015, 21:08   #2484
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Websites changing homepage styles all the time. I disliked the new BBC Sport page when they made it yellow and black, and their new BETA layout looks like a kid designed it. Why mess with something is perfectly adequate?
Because they can then spend loads more licence payers' money?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 19:08   #2485
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Man! that was a long queue for the toilets.

What did I miss?
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 19:49   #2486
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I am having a moan, as I have had an upset tummy since Sunday, just eating very little and light meals, Hope it is better by Thursday as I am going to a Christmas party,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 21:32   #2487
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

A real moan from me - that I let someone annoy me and decide that it meant I needed a break from here - which meant I deprived you guys of my glory for the best part of 2 years.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 21:38   #2488
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
A real moan from me - that I let someone annoy me and decide that it meant I needed a break from here - which meant I deprived you guys of my glory for the best part of 2 years.
Glad your back bud
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2015, 21:40   #2489
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Tell me who it was and I'll PM him that you are back for second helpings.

Sorry couldn't help myself. Lovely to see you back Mr LM, You have been missed.
Old 15-12-2015, 21:43   #2490
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Welcome back Mr LM and please do one thing and that is don't let it happen again as they will think they have won if you do that again.