Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 23-04-2010, 21:36   #16
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

More Earths can fit inside Saturn, than golfballs can fit inside the Earth.
Old 23-04-2010, 21:41   #17
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Hopefully a nice end in sight for Tesco Internet phone customers.

(unfortunately I can't say any more than that! )

Oh, and I have my internet back. Just need my own special internet to get a respectable gaming line.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 21:44   #18
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Is that true?!
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 21:51   #19
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

yep
Old 23-04-2010, 21:56   #20
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Is that true?!
Yup.... and Tiger Woods has hit more golfballs than he's had woman from Saturn....nearly
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 21:57   #21
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Theres another one Jordan and a 2nd hand dart board
Old 23-04-2010, 22:04   #22
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Is that true?!
lol No way.

Imagine the size of a Golfball compared to Earth.

Now look at this picture comparing the size of those giant planets respective to each other. They are big planets but not that big.

Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 22:06   #23
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

A weird happy thought, Our landline has stopped working (BT Say that there is a big problem on the exchange) but on the plus side broadband seems a lot quicker.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 22:37   #24
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
lol No way.

Pretty big.

Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 22:39   #25
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
lol No way.

Now look at this picture comparing the size of those giant planets respective to each other. They are big planets but not that big.

I do hope you don't mind be asking, but is uranus really that big.
Old 23-04-2010, 22:46   #26
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

13/14 thousand Earths can fit in Jupiter

World wide over 24 million people play golf each of course have a golfball. Millions of balls are lost every year

Just a few figures to show your statement is bobbins lol
Old 23-04-2010, 23:16   #27
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Millions of balls are lost every year
It's a far more complex equation than that though Zing.

Typical high handicap golfers, like me, will lose golf balls every round. Such typical amatuers tend to ignore that nice piece of manicured fairway and "aim" for the rough, forrest, shrubbery, etc.

No matter how luminous the manufacturers make golf balls, they are designed to be easily spotted on mown, manicured lawns rather than the deepest Tasmanian jungle I usually find myself in.

However, there is a perverse law of physics that comes into play:

"The newer the ball that is played into rough is directionally proportional to the number of older balls you find"

So on a typical round, when the rough is high and the local Haggis are hungry, I will break open a new box of 6 balls and lose them all. I will return to the clubhouse with far more balls than I started, some will be fairly new and some will be stuffed with feathers.

If I wasn't so tired I might be able to use that information to disprove Hom3r's statement and instead offer the prophesis that Saturn, and it's moons, can fit inside a dunlop 65 golf ball.
Old 23-04-2010, 23:23   #28
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Perhaps would help in an inverse kind of way.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 23:31   #29
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flange View Post
It's a character called "I.R. Baboon" from a cartoon called "I Am Weasel".
Which started out as a section on 'Cow & Chicken' one of the best cartoons ever...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 23:40   #30
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I’m not being condescending; I’m too busy thinking about far more important things you wouldn’t understand.