Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Next Retail Hourly Pay

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Next Retail Hourly Pay
Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2009, 19:40   #1
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age
Next Retail Hourly Pay

Does anyone here know what is the hourly pay at next?
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2009, 20:45   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Next Retail Hourly Pay

I thought they were paid weakly?
Old 29-07-2009, 20:46   #3
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Sorry, can't help you. But i think it would vary greatly depending on the actual role, the location, and possibly the experience.

Perhaps if you mention this, someone may know.
Old 29-07-2009, 20:53   #4
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Its paid monthly.

And for just a normal customer assistant, in London between 18-22.
Old 29-07-2009, 20:56   #5
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I thought they were paid weakly?
all except the night shift, they're paid owly.
Old 29-07-2009, 21:01   #6
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Its paid monthly.

And for just a normal customer assistant, in London between 18-22.
An hour

/goes to get application form

Old 29-07-2009, 21:44   #7
Zee
Inactive

All places i've worked have been per hour. i used to get around £8 per hour in Tesco. I was just wondering about Next because i think they messed up my pay and when i ask them how much is it per hour in Next and they say they dont know so i want to work out my pay myself.
Old 29-07-2009, 21:49   #8
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
An hour

/goes to get application form

I think he meant age not hourly rate.
Old 29-07-2009, 21:56   #9
Zee
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
yeah i meant age 18-22 lol
Old 29-07-2009, 21:59   #10
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
Quote:
I think the at the bottom of Pia's post says it all...
Old 29-07-2009, 22:04   #11
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Have you not got a previous pay slip to compare it to? Or even a colleague that fits that profile?
Old 29-07-2009, 22:05   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
I think the at the bottom of Pia's post says it all...
I think she was after the 18-22 males actually.
Old 29-07-2009, 22:10   #13
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
All places i've worked have been per hour. i used to get around £8 per hour in Tesco. I was just wondering about Next because i think they messed up my pay and when i ask them how much is it per hour in Next and they say they dont know so i want to work out my pay myself.
Did they not give you some sort of written contract of employment or even a letter that stated your rates of pay? I thought that was a legal requirement.

Mind you I've been self-employed for 20 years so it may all be different now.
Old 29-07-2009, 22:11   #14
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

You usually get a rough idea of your pay... though they aren't obliged to tell you EXACTLY what you get... Mine has a pay band on it rather than an actual rate of pay.
Old 29-07-2009, 22:21   #15
Zee
Inactive

nope not at Next they never told us anything, or even on a paper. when i worked in tesco they told us exactly the rate of pay which was when i started £7.18 then it went up after that.

EDIT:

Ok i did some digging and found out that the hourly pay rate is £6.12 per hour in Next, when i did my calculations, i guessed it at £6.13 so i was very close.

Also as usual like every place i've worked they got my tax code wrong and paid me about £60 less then they should have. i'll be going in soon to fix it.

EDIT 2:

After further caluculations they paid me £91 less then they should have. idiots!
Closed Thread