Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

Old 19-07-2017, 10:36   #46
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough
Re: Anyone else having problems in Lincoln?

General Maximus, can you let me know what the tech says, when they come around please.

Mine dropped 3 times during the night at: 3am, 5am and 8am.
Now on qam 32 for both upstreams

Last edited by GazCBG; 19-07-2017 at 10:40.
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2017, 11:19   #47
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

one of mine has dropped down to qam32 as well
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 12:46   #48
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Not in Lincoln but this is what I'm getting on 200mb connected with Ethernet
Attached Images
File Type: png 67657567.png (80.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: png 7e990893-2837-4498-bf89-febcdecc47a0.png (20.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: png 661c702a-83c6-4539-89da-f5757675176b.png (52.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png 6575756.png (263.8 KB, 15 views)
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2017, 12:57   #49
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

What do you get if you try another server such as Nottingham?

If you continue to get around 100mbits downstream I would suggest getting your tap point moved.
Old 19-07-2017, 13:24   #50
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
What do you get if you try another server such as Nottingham?

If you continue to get around 100mbits downstream I would suggest getting your tap point moved.
Just retested on Nottingham as you suggested much better
Attached Images
File Type: png 6575665687.png (306.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png 57567657.png (302.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 19-07-2017, 13:39   #51
General Maximus
Ran Away

as an fyi for the future if you click on "share this result" and select forum code you can paste the results directly as I did and not have to faff around with screen dumps and uploading pics etc.
Old 19-07-2017, 13:47   #52
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
as an fyi for the future if you click on "share this result" and select forum code you can paste the results directly as I did and not have to faff around with screen dumps and uploading pics etc.
Thank's its habit of using page shot in Firefox
Old 19-07-2017, 16:25   #53
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

Another SNR issue for me ETA 10.30pm today.
VM not connecting, so have hooked up by 4G mobile to my router for internet, have 2GB left of mobile net.

Last edited by GazCBG; 19-07-2017 at 16:38.
Old 19-07-2017, 18:29   #54
General Maximus
Ran Away

he has been and gone. He walked in with a shub3 because he thought it was a faulty shub swap and I explained what the problem is. To be fair he was quite thorough and checked the main connection coming into the house, he replaced the isolator on the wall socket which feeds the shub because it is ancient (2001) and he went to the street cab and checked everything out. The problem is that he has come all the way from Grimsby so he is not aware of any issues in the area. The funny thing is that when he went out to check the street cab a guy from across the road saw him and came out and told him he had been having the same problem
He said upstream power is fine up to 51 but he has fitted a 3db fpa which has bought it down to 46 and he is going to ring me on Friday to see how things are going. I am not holding my breath, when my connection is up everything is fine and I get full speed until it lose it again.
I'll wait to see what happens and I'll keep ringing up. I am going to speak to the dude across the road and ask him to ring them up as well and hopefully they'll start to notice a pattern.
Old 23-07-2017, 18:30   #55
j0s0r
cf.member

j0s0r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
he has been and gone. He walked in with a shub3 because he thought it was a faulty shub swap and I explained what the problem is. To be fair he was quite thorough and checked the main connection coming into the house, he replaced the isolator on the wall socket which feeds the shub because it is ancient (2001) and he went to the street cab and checked everything out. The problem is that he has come all the way from Grimsby so he is not aware of any issues in the area. The funny thing is that when he went out to check the street cab a guy from across the road saw him and came out and told him he had been having the same problem
He said upstream power is fine up to 51 but he has fitted a 3db fpa which has bought it down to 46 and he is going to ring me on Friday to see how things are going. I am not holding my breath, when my connection is up everything is fine and I get full speed until it lose it again.
I'll wait to see what happens and I'll keep ringing up. I am going to speak to the dude across the road and ask him to ring them up as well and hopefully they'll start to notice a pattern.
My internet past few weeks has been poor, supposed to have the 200 gamer, but downloading at less than 100. (LN6 area)
j0s0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 19:05   #56
General Maximus
Ran Away

what are your power levels like?
Old 23-07-2017, 19:13   #57
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

After they fixed the last SNR for me, it has gone back to the same as it was before:
With one upstream at 64 qam and the other at 16 qam.

Upstream bonded channels
Channel ID Frequency(Hz) Mode Power
(dBmV) Modulation Channel Bandwidth(Hz) Symbol Rate (ksps)
6 32600000 ATDMA 40.5 16 qam 6400000 5120
5 39400000 ATDMA 40.5 64 qam 6400000 5120
Old 22-08-2017, 12:56   #58
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Virgin Media suffering nationwide TITSUP*

"Virgin Media is seemingly suffering a series of nationwide outages, with aggrieved customers using alternate methods to air their ire at the telco.

A number of Virgin's customers have been in contact with us over the past day or so to complain about not receiving the service they have paid for."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/08..._outage_burst/
Old 22-08-2017, 15:38   #59
General Maximus
Ran Away

Funny you should say that actually because when i rang up to upgrade last week the very first message i got was "we are sorry you are still having problem in *postcode*, this is a very complex issue and it will take time for our engineers to resolve."
Old 07-09-2017, 12:30   #60
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Here we go again. What appears to be another SNR issue started on the 6th september

Last edited by GazCBG; 07-09-2017 at 12:38.