Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM complaints handling

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

VM complaints handling

Old 29-06-2017, 14:18   #1
Piotr Lato
Inactive

Piotr Lato is an unknown quantity at this point
Post VM complaints handling

Is it just me or is Virgin Media terrible at resolving complains often denying what was said by previous representative. And their unwillingness to respond in writing.

I have started a petition on change.org for Which?, to launch a super complaint to Competitions and Market Authority against Virgin Media for not handling written complaints when requested and insisting on phone only contact. Leaving you without any evidence of what was said by representative.

Petition link: http://www.change.org/p/which-consid...t-virgin-media
Piotr Lato is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2017, 15:11   #2
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: VM complaints handling

There are lots of stories of people being offered the Earth, then when nothing happens, they call again to be told those infamous words "we have no record of that" or "there's nothing to say that in the notes".

When it's pointed out that they say that the calls are recorded, remarkably, these type of calls are always unobtainable or weren't recorded for some reason​.

A petition is a good idea, it might embarrass them into sorting this out.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 00:24   #3
Piotr Lato
Inactive

Just because I can I posted a petition link on VM forum.
Response from moderator is telling
"You are receiving this message because you [insert offence]."
I think that sums up VM level of customer service care. Not even bothered to give a reason.
Old 30-06-2017, 12:03   #4
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I have a thread in the VM Forum that started in September 2015 http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...2917052#M47374

They know there is a fault, it also affects many others, and have fixed it temporarily a couple of times. After over 1 year the CEO's office gave me compensation of 1 month free. But now they actually wrote telling me I should take the case to arbitration (CISAS)!

And their reply in April this year did not instil confidence in their complaint-handling:

Quote:
I've just had a long chat with a colleague regarding the complaint, I've been told that this is completely out of our hands, and if I'm being honest, I shouldn't really be as involved as I already am as when a complaint is raised, it's owned by the person who responds and no one else. I'm really sorry I can't help further with this, I know your situation is difficult and I really wish there was more I could do to help, but it's really out of my hands and if you wish to pursue the complaint further, you'd have to follow the advice and recommendations from the reply you had.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 03:45   #5
Piotr Lato
Inactive

Thread Closed

I will consider making a more generalised petition that might get more impact.
The thread is now considered closed and petition is no longer active.