Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Package keeps changing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Package keeps changing

Old 24-09-2016, 11:13   #1
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era
Package keeps changing

Has anyone came across this problem before?
First of all I live on my own in a 1 bed bungalow and I can assure everyone that I don`t press any buttons.
I`ve got the 1tb Tivo and I`m on the XL tv package.
August 7th the problem started when I received an email thanking me for updating my package. When I read the email, it appears that Baby tv had been added @£3.49 a month.
I rang up and asked them who/where/when it had been added. They told me it had been added through the tivo box. I told them that I hadnt added it and could they remove it and the partial payments that had been added to my bill. I got the questions of, Are there any children in the house or visiting that could have subscribed ( which I got the feeling that they didnt believe me). After me insisting that there wasnt anybody else here, they eventually removed it.
I thought that was the end of it but no, since then, it has been added 6 more times.
There doesnt appear to be any pattern to it. We`ve had
Aug 7th
Aug 13th
Aug 16th
Aug 30th
Sept 21st
Sept 23rd
I`ve had 1 tech visit and I`ve got another on Monday. The 1st tech said there`s nothing wrong with the tivo and he can see it has been added through the box but he can also see that I havent pressed any buttons to add it. He reckoned the problem is at VMs end somewhere.
Each time it happens I ring up, spend half hour on the phone talking to somebody different each time, going through the same old stuff of telling them no, theres nobody else here, no children, nobody.
It`s starting to stress me out now.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2016, 11:30   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Package keeps changing

Poltergeist ?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 14:07   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

You have a PM
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 14:58   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

This happened to a friend of mine, but it was a PPV film.

On the second occasion, they refused to refund it, so he cancelled.

This was a few years ago though, not recently.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 15:02   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

They should not book a tech for this. Other than check the serial number there is nothing the tech can do
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2016, 16:31   #6
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Spiderplant is going to have a look at this Thanks
It`s just happened again while I was in the bath
Thats number 7
Old 25-09-2016, 19:37   #7
blackthorn
cf.geek

It got added again tonight at 19:15 Totally bizarre
Old 26-09-2016, 02:40   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Sounds like your TiVo is faulty and sending false info back to say that you subscribed to Baby TV.
Old 27-09-2016, 20:18   #9
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Don't they recycle boxes? Seem to remember this happening before when they've not deregistered the box properly, ie. Someone else (with a baby that won't sleep!) is registered to it.

Last edited by Mr K; 27-09-2016 at 20:21.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2016, 05:47   #10
blackthorn
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't they recycle boxes? Seem to remember this happening before when they've not deregistered the box properly, ie. Someone else (with a baby that won't sleep!) is registered to it.
That makes a sense. So would all those odd dates be when the box is checking in with VM.
Old 28-09-2016, 17:36   #11
blackthorn
cf.geek

I would like to thank spiderplant for resolving this issue. He`s sorted in 2 days what CS couldnt do in 2 months. Thank you
Old 28-09-2016, 18:08   #12
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Yes, SP is an asset to this forum and always tries to help.

What was the problem in the end?
Old 28-09-2016, 19:30   #13
blackthorn
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Yes, SP is an asset to this forum and always tries to help.

What was the problem in the end?
I dont know all the tech details except it was some sort of mix up at VMs end
Old 28-09-2016, 19:58   #14
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
They should not book a tech for this. Other than check the serial number there is nothing the tech can do
Standard response, when all else fail book Service Tech then service Tech raises fault for Network Tech to sort.
Old 28-09-2016, 19:59   #15
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Yes SP is the go to bloke. He's sorted an issue for me in the past. They should just get rid of CS and employ SP 24/7.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote