Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | More price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

More price rises

Old 25-09-2016, 14:25   #301
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: More price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I can fully appreciate your position because mine is similar. My partner doesn't want me to switch to sky simply because she likes sone of the apps that come with the tivo box.
I have a solution - they can pay!

I have a BT line and have been offered Infinity many times but have always decided to stay with VM. Getting on for £1000 pa is no joke though so I feel the winds of change...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-09-2016, 14:48   #302
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I have a solution - they can pay!

I have a BT line and have been offered Infinity many times but have always decided to stay with VM. Getting on for £1000 pa is no joke though so I feel the winds of change...
Oh I wish it were that simple!
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 14:57   #303
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Just signed up for Sky Q, telephone and internet. Will use the price rise as my get out but the main reason is the dire performance of the TiVo. VM accepted there was an issue and posted on their forum on 2 Sept - and no update since which I think is a bit poor.

Will (may) miss the internet speed but looking forward to the improved upload. Losing 4 months of advanced line rental but cutting back on legal advice about obscure ways to get out of the contract will soon cover that loss .

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 15:05   #304
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

You won't really miss the speed. I went from 150Mb to sky fibre 38 a couple of weeks ago and its still fast enough.

You'll love the speed of the Q box though.
Old 25-09-2016, 15:12   #305
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Youd be mad not to go for the sky q deal, especially since virgin are letting you go due to the price increase
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 15:53   #306
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You won't really miss the speed. I went from 150Mb to sky fibre 38 a couple of weeks ago and its still fast enough.

You'll love the speed of the Q box though.
Couldn't agree more we have Sky Fibre 38mb and find it more than enough for our use , it seems to work perfect with Netflix and Amazon 4K and the Sky Q 4K content is generally available to play within seconds.

I suppose it depends on the size of your family but for our family it's more than enough and pretty good value.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 21:23   #307
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

My sky install date is tomorrow. Everything was going smoothly until sky rang this morning saying openreach have notified them they are cancelling the visit due to detecting a previously active line at the address and they will activate remotely. I wanted them to move my master socket as it's in a room that my wife used for her business and is not suitable to use for the hub/phone (now baby's bedroom). Bet I'm going to have to fork out for a visit myself now.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 08:32   #308
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfruit View Post
My sky install date is tomorrow. Everything was going smoothly until sky rang this morning saying openreach have notified them they are cancelling the visit due to detecting a previously active line at the address and they will activate remotely. I wanted them to move my master socket as it's in a room that my wife used for her business and is not suitable to use for the hub/phone (now baby's bedroom). Bet I'm going to have to fork out for a visit myself now.
Surely a simple telephone extention lead would be a much cheaper option? They're widely available from places like Argos,Ebay,Amazon etc.
Old 26-09-2016, 08:49   #309
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That might affect the speed of the BB.
Old 26-09-2016, 09:37   #310
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That might affect the speed of the BB.
Never thought of that.
Old 26-09-2016, 10:20   #311
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfruit View Post
In my area in the local paper ex BT engineers often advertise their services in the classifieds and will relocate a phone socket for £25approx dont know if thats an option where you live.

Last edited by dodgem22; 26-09-2016 at 10:21. Reason: spelling
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 16:08   #312
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

We have Tivo, 200mb BB (I never seem to get more than about 40mb), TV XL and Talk Unlimited now costing us around £80 pm. I also have a BT phone line which could be used for another BB supplier but what scope is there for saving some money by changing/reducing some of the above services and/or getting my BB elsewhere?
Old 26-09-2016, 16:46   #313
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
We have Tivo, 200mb BB (I never seem to get more than about 40mb), TV XL and Talk Unlimited now costing us around £80 pm. I also have a BT phone line which could be used for another BB supplier but what scope is there for saving some money by changing/reducing some of the above services and/or getting my BB elsewhere?
Why do you have a duplicate landlines?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 17:03   #314
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Well all my sky q services are up and running. It's very impressive. Streets ahead of the TiVo. Also, even though my download speed is about 8 times slower, web browsing is noticeably quicker. Almost instant on most pages. The 4K content is better than I imagined. Be a shame to probably have to give it up in a year's time unless I can cut another deal.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 17:34   #315
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Why do you have a duplicate landlines?
It's for business.