Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Please document any V6 issues here.

Old 21-01-2017, 14:48   #76
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
So when another provider releases a box and problems are reported they've rushed it out , but when VM release their new box and problems are reported its to be expected as all new things have bugs.
Time will tell whether Virgin have rushed their new box out so wait 6 months and l will give you a blow by blow whether that has proven to be the case.
Old 21-01-2017, 14:58   #77
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sky did release it too early IMO and l stand by that and as for the V6 well we shall see MM.
I think it's documented that the V6 was due to be released at the turn of this year whilst Sky Q's launch was brought forward from Summer 2016 to February 2016 in response to BT's 4K box launching back in August 2015.
Whether the V6 launched on its scheduled date has fewer, more or about the same number of bugs as Sky Q launched in advance of its original scheduled release date I can't say.
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 15:10   #78
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Time will tell whether Virgin have rushed their new box out so wait 6 months and l will give you a blow by blow whether that has proven to be the case.
Now you are trying to put words in my mouth , I've never claimed the V6 has been rushed out quite the opposite it seems a nice hardware upgrade.

My point is some of the V6 early adopters are experiencing the teething problems that those early adopters of Sky Q and the Youview next gen UI did.

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think it's documented that the V6 was due to be released at the turn of this year whilst Sky Q's launch was brought forward from Summer 2016 to February 2016 in response to BT's 4K box launching back in August 2015.
Whether the V6 launched on its scheduled date has fewer, more or about the same number of bugs as Sky Q launched in advance of its original scheduled release date I can't say.
Why would that make a difference UHD football only launched in August 16 anyway. The Telegraph talked about Sky Q as early as July 15 and speculated then an announcement could come within weeks.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...t-top-box.html

As for problems as I've said the V6 seems a good box my point was teething problems are to be expected with all new technology. Both boxes are a huge upgrade and now offer true multiroom flexibility.

Last edited by muppetman11; 21-01-2017 at 15:48.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 19:18   #79
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It's probably a compatibility problem with the TV rather than the box itself. Check the TV firmware is up to date.

Do you have power saving enabled? If so, switch it off.
Have you listened to yourself recently, talk about a VM apologist.

So according to you

wi-fi is so flaky that you can't have TWO boxes on it at once...

it's the tv's fault that the V6 software is buggy as hell...wonder how VM got the software from the telly to affect the V6?

Just accept the fact they rushed it out without proper testing.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:24   #80
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post

So according to you

it's the tv's fault that the V6 software is buggy as hell...wonder how VM got the software from the telly to affect the V6?

Good grief you really don't know Spiderplant do you? as he has been on here longer then l can remember and one thing he will always do is give unbiased helpful advice to whoever needs it.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:36   #81
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I know myself as a software writer that is is almost impossible to fully test code before release. Even a rigorous software review can still miss things

To say it's fool proof underestimates the ingenuity of fools.

Sometimes an unusual sequence of events can expose that horrid latent bug. I'm sure that Spiderplant and his colleagues are doing their best.
Old 21-01-2017, 19:41   #82
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

So according to you

Don't be ridiculous, OR. I'm sure that spiderplant is right in his diagnosis, and by the way, if you expect new technology to be without glitches, you need to be in the real world.

Oh, and don't be an early adopter.

Incidentally, this advice comes free, and with no obligation.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I know myself as a software writer that is is almost impossible to fully test code before release. Even a rigorous software review can still miss things

To say it's fool proof underestimates the ingenuity of fools.

Sometimes an unusual sequence of events can expose that horrid latent bug. I'm sure that Spiderplant and his colleagues are doing their best.
I'll have to remember that one. Ingenious!

100% with you on spiderplant's input. He is a star on this forum, as is Ben Mcr.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 20:21   #83
daz100
Inactive

daz100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It's probably a compatibility problem with the TV rather than the box itself. Check the TV firmware is up to date.

Do you have power saving enabled? If so, switch it off.
Power save was off after experiencing the starting up fault.
daz100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 23:36   #84
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

So much for saving the planet if everyone is advised to turn off power saving on their boxes....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 23:47   #85
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

What does power save actually do anyway? If power saving is off and you put the box into standby. Does it just act as if the box is in power save anyway?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 23:49   #86
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
What does power save actually do anyway?
It saves power.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 01:45   #87
OhReally

Quote:
Good grief you really don't know Spiderplant do you? as he has been on here longer then l can remember and one thing he will always do is give unbiased helpful advice to whoever needs it.
Nope, I have no personal knowledge of Spiderplant.

All I can go by is his/her posts on here.

Every time a problem is raised it's *always* someone else's fault and *NEVER* VM's
Old 22-01-2017, 03:31   #88
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Nope, I have no personal knowledge of Spiderplant.

All I can go by is his/her posts on here.

Every time a problem is raised it's *always* someone else's fault and *NEVER* VM's
I think you will find it's an explanation, rather than an excuse.

Time to get over yourself, methinks.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 08:29   #89
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
+1. Well said sir.
nialli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 20:41   #90
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think you will find it's an explanation, rather than an excuse.

Time to get over yourself, methinks.
Nothing is 100-0, to pretend otherwise ...