Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Old 23-08-2016, 21:29   #16
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

in addition the touch remote will be getting voice control later this year
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2016, 14:56   #17
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
in addition the touch remote will be getting voice control later this year
There may be other new stuff sooner
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 15:15   #18
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
There may be other new stuff sooner

ooh do tell
Old 29-08-2016, 16:49   #19
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
ooh do tell
You'll not have long to wait
Old 29-08-2016, 17:37   #20
martyh

Quote:
You'll not have long to wait
There should be a law against what you are doing .

Any hoo i'm about to order another mini box for the bedroom because despite the changes from Sky+ it is an excellent platform and knocks spots of Virgin .Also i am really tempted to sign up for Sky Movies, ditch Now TV and suck up the price difference just to get the UHD picture quality which is outstanding
Old 29-08-2016, 21:50   #21
martyh

just taken Sky cinema at half price for 6 months £9.00
Old 01-09-2016, 20:53   #22
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
just taken Sky cinema at half price for 6 months £9.00
I got a similar deal on Sky Sports and Cinema recently.
Old 01-09-2016, 21:21   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I get my Q on the 16th. Just looking though and the Sky channel numbers and grouping seem even worse than VMs.
Old 01-09-2016, 21:33   #24
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I get my Q on the 16th. Just looking though and the Sky channel numbers and grouping seem even worse than VMs.
If I'm honest I don't watch much live tv these days with the exception of Sport and I know those channel numbers and go direct , I also tend to only watch HD/UHD these days so I generally just browse through the HD section.

I use search more often than not these days when scheduling recordings plus top picks and new series is pretty helpful.
Old 01-09-2016, 21:42   #25
martyh

Quote:
I know what you mean and to make things worse there isn't any favourites anymore ,plenty of people asking on the community forum ,it seems to be a big mis so it may be added at the next update .The only blessing is that there is a separate listing for HD and UHD

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Quote:
If I'm honest I don't watch much live tv these days with the exception of Sport and I know those channel numbers and go direct , I also tend to only watch HD/UHD these days so I generally just browse through the HD section.

I use search more often than not these days when scheduling recordings plus top picks and new series is pretty helpful.
I love the way the films have all been put on demand so much better than a fixed epg and the picture quality justifies the extra cost over Now tv
Old 01-09-2016, 21:44   #26
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I know what you mean and to make things worse there isn't any favourites anymore ,plenty of people asking on the community forum ,it seems to be a big mis so it may be added at the next update .The only blessing is that there is a separate listing for HD and UHD

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

I love the way the films have all been put on demand so much better than a fixed epg and the picture quality justifies the extra cost over Now tv
All I can say is that if there are things you'd like to see feed it back on the Sky Community forum , the posts are actively monitored by the development team obviously this is still no guarantee they'll change things but the more who ask the greater the chance.
Old 01-09-2016, 21:45   #27
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Am I right in saying that the HD variants of 1-5 are all over the place too?
Old 01-09-2016, 21:47   #28
martyh

Quote:
Yep ,it does help having a separate listing for HD though ,as long as you remember it's there ......which i don't
Old 01-09-2016, 21:47   #29
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That's down to regulation at the moment nothing to do with Sky.

102 is BBC 2 HD
105 is C5 HD
Old 06-09-2016, 01:21   #30
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
For me, channel ordering is a significant issue and one I've always been critical of on cable as well as Sky. I am very cautious about cancelling VM to go to Sky for this very reason.

I am surprised more people don't complain about this issue because what's the point of having loads of channels if you can't find them?

On Freeview, I've always ordered the channels exactly as I want them and on what channel numbers I want. I wish there was more flexibility to do the same on the pay platforms too.

Last edited by Horizon; 06-09-2016 at 01:35.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote