Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Premier sports offers?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Premier sports offers?

Old 25-07-2017, 18:41   #16
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Premier sports offers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
£8 pm for SD - not such a good deal IMO

I changed my mind and ordered it. Around 8 -10 weeks left of the NRL, the odd football friendly is a bonus.

Will decide during this time if it is worth it.

After this I will want to cancel, do I have to give 30 days notice or can I cancel immediately after the initial 30 days?

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Wow - that was efficient, straight from previous post, tried PS and it was there.

Just set recordings of NRL and ICC football for the weekend.

Just hope picture quality is bearable on a big screen.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2017, 21:07   #17
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

AFAIK, You have to give 30 days notice.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 22:19   #18
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
AFAIK, You have to give 30 days notice.

Received an email saying I had changed my package and the new price is £129.99 pm.

Nearly had heart failure as pre adding Prem Spts it was £85pm (new starter offer)

Rang them up to be told this was an error phew!

It transpires Prem Spts is £9.99pm not £8 and you have to ring up to cancel giving 30 days notice.

Put note in my diary to do so on 4th Sept as NRL Grand Final is 1st October.
Old 26-07-2017, 20:50   #19
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Is Premier Sports still owned by Setanta?

I'm wondering if it (or a derivative of it) are going FTA.

A new sports channel is said to be launching on one of the temporary Freeview muxes on 31/8/17.

It is to be called 'Freesports' and designed "to bring all your favourite sports to Freeview".

Setenta are believed to be behind this. Aren't they owned by Eir Sports now?

Not sure if VM will pick this up.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 21:18   #20
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I'm wondering if it (or a derivative of it) are going FTA.

A new sports channel is said to be launching on one of the temporary Freeview muxes on 31/8/17.

It is to be called 'Freesports' and designed "to bring all your favourite sports to Freeview".

Setenta are believed to be behind this. Aren't they owned by Eir Sports now?

Not sure if VM will pick this up.

I believe it is still owned by Setanta (I think Setanta uk went bust years ago),

The head office address is in the same building. I had it for a while whilst a sky subscriber, you had to deal with them not sky for cancellations - absolute nightmare.

Hopefully, cancelling via Virgin will be as easy as subscribing was.
Old 26-07-2017, 22:00   #21
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

More info. courtesy of MB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Wikipedia (Only info we can find) say that Premier Sports is own by Premier Media.

Setanta was took over by Eir some years ago (Eir is something like BT).

We found that Premier Sports do broadcast Eir Sport (With Irish ads) when broadcasting live football. Maybe Freesports will launch on Virgin TV later this year with Premier Sports HD.

We think due to Premier Sports launching on Virgin Media in October 2013.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...l-premier.html
I wonder if Premier Media is a trading name for Setanta?? They might have wanted to distance themselves from Setanta UK following its collapse.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 26-07-2017 at 22:04.
Old 27-07-2017, 18:51   #22
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I'm wondering if it (or a derivative of it) are going FTA
I've established that, although owned by Premier Media/Setanta, Freesports will be separate to Premier Sports which won't be going FTA.