Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Please document any V6 issues here.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Powerline and modem mode

Old 21-02-2018, 12:50   #1
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice
Question Powerline and modem mode

I got my V6 box and installed it using the supplied powerline adapter but wanted to use my own (Asus RT-N66U) router as I did with my old virgin HD box.
I put the V6 box in modem mode, plugged the powerline adapter into the router and am now getting great WiFi speeds but the V6 box can’t connect. The powerline adapter doesn’t show in the wired connections on the router either.

Any idea as to what I can do to get it working again?

Thanks
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2018, 13:05   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Powerline and modem mode

So the V6 installation worked via the Powerlines when connected directly to the SuperHub, but you can't connect once you add in your router and switch to modem mode? Is that correct? If so, it would suggest the problem is with your router.

But firstly, do you actually need to use the Powerlines? Try connecting the V6 to your router by Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi settings will become available when you unplug the Ethernet.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote