Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

What were your favourite channels on analogue TV?

Old 15-03-2024, 07:09   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
If you can rememeber

MTV channels
BBC

Or other channels?

My favourites were

MTV (When they played Music in the 80s)
Golf channel - When this first came to my cable system I laughed but I really got into Golf,its so relaxing to watch! (Assigned to 69)
Lifetime (Assigned to 30)
HBO (Assigned to 17)

We paid for HBO......

Ahhhhh I mi$$ the good days
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-03-2024, 09:12   #2
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: What were your favourite channels on analogue TV?

Making this more relevant to UK cable television, one that was missed at the time in many cable households was CMT Europe when many cable companies dropped in September 1996. It continued on satellite until summer 1998.

I do remember missing MTV Europe when MTV UK launched on 1 July 1997, not least because MTV Europe displayed the song being played in those wonderfully unique boxes, which MTV UK did not choose to use. MTV UK was never as good as MTV Europe.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2024, 19:56   #3
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

L!ve TV
Select TV
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2024, 21:50   #4
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Front Row Channel 51. Lol
Old 17-03-2024, 18:20   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

I had BSB (British Satellite Broadcasting) for a month before they merged with Sky to become BSkyB.

They actually had a half decent music channel by the name of "The Power Station". Had a big slant toward UK material while MTV was very US focused. When Sky took over they hastily removed it & replaced it with Sky Movies Plus.

Look out for a very young Pat Sharpe, & also Chris Evans before he started working on terrestrial TV on these clips from the last day of transmission:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWWOK2Eurw
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2024, 23:58   #6
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Galaxy.

IIRC it was a BSB channel.

I was retuning a old CRT TV and I came a cross a channel that I didn't know, I got my parent to check and they didn't have it, I think I found a few more.

My town had a ring arial before Cambridge put in cable TV
Old 19-03-2024, 11:55   #7
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Yes Galaxy was part of the BSB line-up. It only lasted for just over six months as it was chopped when Sky took over BSB with Sky One replacing it on Marco Polo. Now was also dropped at the same time, replaced on Marco Polo by Sky News with weekend opt-puts for arts programming which had to be shown for contractural reasons. The Power Station lasted quite a bit longer, on air for more than a year before it was replaced on Marco Polo by Sky Movies.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2024, 12:59   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

The Weather Channel. It had funky music
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2024, 01:36   #9
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Yea its sad even they arent good anymore!!
Old 20-03-2024, 17:24   #10
Cheile48
cf.member

Services: Mega Volt bundle, 2 V6s, and Freeview HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix.
Cheile48 is on a distinguished roadCheile48 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone mentioned Topless Darts? Terrible programme, the darts "players" were rubbish!
Cheile48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2024, 19:15   #11
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheile48 View Post
Has anyone mentioned Topless Darts? Terrible programme, the darts "players" were rubbish!
You're missing the point (s) of the programme.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2024, 21:42   #12
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheile48 View Post
Lots of double top finishes I'm sure
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2024, 09:23   #13
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

And for the girls: Lunchbox volleyball.

I Liked the banger racing with that petrol head: Louise Brady
Old 23-03-2024, 18:19   #14
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheile48
I would be also,im terrible at it
Old 23-03-2024, 22:03   #15
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

What about the midget on the trampoline