Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 02-07-2007, 18:34   #76
havaska
Inactive

havaska is on a distinguished roadhavaska is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

I can confirm that Performance has been removed. Leaves us exTW in the rubbish position now with regards to channels, I think that and UKHistory+1 are the only ones NTL were missing
havaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2007, 19:12   #77
huxleypiguk
Inactive

huxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of lighthuxleypiguk is a glorious beacon of light

Did you have Deutche Wells ?
huxleypiguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 19:30   #78
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

HERE is the list of the missing Channels still to come to everybody:

Ex Telewest viewers are missing out on:

EPG Channel Name
143 More4 +1
153 Challenge +1
231 National Geographic +1
235 History Channel +1
345 Bliss
347 Scuzz
348 Flaunt
350 Classic FM TV
545 Motors TV
811 Zee Music
833 PCNE Chinese
863 BBC One Northern Ireland
864 BBC One Wales
921 Radio: The Arrow
926 Radio: Fun Radio
928 Radio: Magic Radio
929 Radio: Q Radio
930 Radio: BBC Radio Scotland
931 Radio: BBC Radio Wales
932 Radio: BBC Radio Ulster
934 Radio: BBC Radio nan Gaidheal
936 Radio: BBC Radio Cymru
962 Radio: The Hits Radio
963 Radio: Kiss 100
964 Radio: Kerrang!
966 Radio: Smash Hits!
967 Radio: Oneword

Ex-NTL viewers are missing out on:

EPG Channel Name
209 UKTV Documentary +1
261 UKTV Food +1
830 Deutsche Welle
832 Leonardo
911 Radio: BBC Radio 4 LW
917 Radio: RTE Radio 1
920 Radio: WRN Europe
951 Radio: Virgin Radio Xtreme
952 Radio: Virgin Radio Classic Rock
953 Radio: Virgin Radio Groove
969 Radio: Choice FM
971 Radio: Deutsche Welle Radio

Last update 2nd of July 2007.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 18:21   #79
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

FX is a free-to-air on Virgin to 'L' viewers until 11 August. CITV is now on at weekend until 12.30pm and not 6pm so that ITV4 can start at 12.30pm.
Old 08-07-2007, 18:32   #80
grabbi
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP, 42", DVD Rec, Xbox, PS2, 360, FreeSat.
grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Boy View Post
HERE is the list of the missing Channels still to come to everybody:

Ex Telewest viewers are missing out on:

EPG Channel Name
143 More4 +1
153 Challenge +1
231 National Geographic +1
235 History Channel +1
345 Bliss
347 Scuzz
348 Flaunt
350 Classic FM TV
545 Motors TV
811 Zee Music
833 PCNE Chinese
863 BBC One Northern Ireland
864 BBC One Wales
921 Radio: The Arrow
926 Radio: Fun Radio
928 Radio: Magic Radio
929 Radio: Q Radio
930 Radio: BBC Radio Scotland
931 Radio: BBC Radio Wales
932 Radio: BBC Radio Ulster
934 Radio: BBC Radio nan Gaidheal
936 Radio: BBC Radio Cymru
962 Radio: The Hits Radio
963 Radio: Kiss 100
964 Radio: Kerrang!
966 Radio: Smash Hits!
967 Radio: Oneword

Ex-NTL viewers are missing out on:

EPG Channel Name
209 UKTV Documentary +1
261 UKTV Food +1
830 Deutsche Welle
832 Leonardo
911 Radio: BBC Radio 4 LW
917 Radio: RTE Radio 1
920 Radio: WRN Europe
951 Radio: Virgin Radio Xtreme
952 Radio: Virgin Radio Classic Rock
953 Radio: Virgin Radio Groove
969 Radio: Choice FM
971 Radio: Deutsche Welle Radio

Last update 2nd of July 2007.
I can see that Telewest needs them channels, but ntl: dont need them, They are crap!

I think Virgin Radio will appear, but the rest can be removed from both platforms as far as I am concerned.
grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23   #81
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3870 View Post
Performance Channel (on channel 312 ex-Telewest areas only) has been removed according to Digitalspy
Virgin have today remove Performance from their Ex-Telewest channel lineup.
Old 11-07-2007, 23:23   #82
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

Should telewest customers have classic fm tv not they do not have performance?
daveetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:31   #83
JG3870
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media (ex-Telewest) Broadband Size L/TV Size XL & V+ Box / Freesat
JG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveetwo View Post
Should telewest customers have classic fm tv not they do not have performance?
5 months after the rebrand from Telewest to VM and we still don't have the missing music channels Classic FM TV or Bliss, Scuzz & Flaunt.

VM were quick to remove Performance from the EPG after just over week after pulling the plug on the channel but i notice that Discovery Kids which ceased broadcasting way back in March is still listed on the EPG.
JG3870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:57   #84
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
5 months after the rebrand from Telewest to VM and we still don't have the missing music channels Classic FM TV or Bliss, Scuzz & Flaunt.
Virgin are only signing new deals for channels when the old deals that NTL and Telewest have sign have ended.
Old 12-07-2007, 13:51   #85
starsailor123uk
Inactive

starsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enoughstarsailor123uk will become famous soon enough

Quote:

VM were quick to remove Performance from the EPG after just over week after pulling the plug on the channel but i notice that Discovery Kids which ceased broadcasting way back in March is still listed on the EPG.
Is it off the EPG I keep getting this channel has ceased broadcasting as I go through the music channels a la Sky Sports etc.

Would be better if dead channels are taken out of cycles to speed up searches
starsailor123uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 09:07   #86
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Virgin Media have today remove the following channels from their Ex-Telewest Network:

515. Sky Sports News
602. Sky News
721. Discovery Kids
Old 18-07-2007, 10:02   #87
Dave A
cf.member

Services: LCD HD TV, Freeview, Virgin Media HD V+ TV, 10Mb Broadband, Phone, Vodafone Contract
Dave A is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Virgin Media have today remove the following channels from their Ex-Telewest Network:

515. Sky Sports News
602. Sky News
721. Discovery Kids
Those channels have also been removed from the Ex-Cable & Wireless / Bromley network.
Dave A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 13:47   #88
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:

515. Sky Sports News
602. Sky News
721. Discovery Kids
Damn! I realise it may sound strange of me to be disappointed by blank channels being removed, but I actually found a use for 1. I don't watch anything live, & I find having that preview/picture-in-picture thing on screen annoying when I'm browsing around the various menus, so I've been leaving my box set to 1 of the blank channels [I was using 602]. I don't suppose anyone knows if there are any blank channels left?
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 16:16   #89
JG3870
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media (ex-Telewest) Broadband Size L/TV Size XL & V+ Box / Freesat
JG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to beholdJG3870 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Damn! I realise it may sound strange of me to be disappointed by blank channels being removed, but I actually found a use for 1. I don't watch anything live, & I find having that preview/picture-in-picture thing on screen annoying when I'm browsing around the various menus, so I've been leaving my box set to 1 of the blank channels [I was using 602]. I don't suppose anyone knows if there are any blank channels left?
Try ch501 which was prem plus or ch 890 if your ex-telewest and i think Ch 0 is also blank
JG3870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2007, 18:16   #90
grabbi
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP, 42", DVD Rec, Xbox, PS2, 360, FreeSat.
grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of

Yea. Prem Plus is still there, but you could use channel 0 as well, which is the PPV channel.

The Sky Travel ones have been removed also.
grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote