Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 16:24   #1501
scollie
cf.member

scollie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedie View Post
Guess who just got a TiVo installation date.....

YAY

Feb 8th

and im not an S1 TiVo owner so you all should be getting calls
Can you confirm what you are being charged?

A later poster stated that they are being charged £149 installation but no connection fee, does this also apply to you?

Did you ask how long you are likely to wait until the third tuner is activated?
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2011, 16:35   #1502
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

On the phone now!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 16:35   #1503
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
As said earlier, if it is 4 staff ringing the first 5000 who may not be at home or available to take a call, then that will take time! Don't panic even if you don't get a call in February! Somebody has to be first and somebody has to be the last to be called, even out of the initial batch.
It's more than 4
Old 02-02-2011, 16:37   #1504
nn012
cf.addict

nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

Booked for the 17th, same offer as mentioned by others.
Old 02-02-2011, 16:39   #1505
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn012 View Post
Booked for the 17th, same offer as mentioned by others.
Congrats! Was that the earliest date that offered you?
Old 02-02-2011, 16:42   #1506
nn012
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Congrats! Was that the earliest date that offered you?
Yeah, it was the earliest and only slot available for that and the following week.
Old 02-02-2011, 17:02   #1507
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
Sorry DF but I find that hard to believe. Judging by the posts on this forum, apart from a couple of doubtful ones, it seems that the only calls are going to TivoS1 owners.
I'm sorry you don't believe me

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-S View Post
DF/Ben Mcr/Masque: I've got an issue and not sure if you guys can help.Been having various ongoing issues with service (TV/Internet) as well as poor customer service for last 3 years and registered several complaints to the point I took up to CEO office last year. As a settlement (and the fact have a faulty SA V+ box) got offered a deal on TiVo as way of resolving the issues we have had and swap TiVo with faulty box. Last week I spoke to the person Ive been dealing with in CEO office they told me would be contact personally in early Feb re: install date. Problem is my box has constantly playing up (no service for several hours last week) and told them this last week and there response was above. Since then had more problems with the box and I reached out to them yesterday but have yet to get a response. Also asked that we contacted via email or mobile rather than landline from installation date (has been no messages) as in and out of house.

A little concerned as thought we would been priority to get installation due to the problem and previous issues.

Dont want to go into full details about what Ive been offered on here or person's name (dont want them harassed for the same offer and effecting what our deal is) would prefer to speak about it offline with one of you (DM) if possible?
Due to DPA issues, we can't get involved in account/install issues on here, but post on our Community Forum and a member of staff from 2nd line will chase this up if they can.

It's one of those things we can't get involved with.

cheers
Old 02-02-2011, 17:02   #1508
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Ah you lucky people with your phone calls. I never have any luck with anything that involves a lucky dip!
Old 02-02-2011, 17:15   #1509
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Ah you lucky people with your phone calls. I never have any luck with anything that involves a lucky dip!
If just been told by @virginmedia that ALL people that registered will be getting a call.
Old 02-02-2011, 17:17   #1510
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: TiVo

Quote:
I’ve read here that VM have over 20,000 existing customers declaring a wish to purchase Tivo and they will do 5000 by end of March? With that demand you would expect VM to charge.

Ultimately the Tivo price will come down there will also be the smaller cheaper Tivo box later this year as well.

It is a case of whether you want to pay premium as an early adopter or wait a year or 2 say and hope for a lower price, although on this demand it may be several years before the price is lowered!

VM and Sky rightly work on different models so it is a preference to what you want in the end. I like the VM model personally and don’t have to think about the cost of repairs if there is a problem.

However customer who expect all this new service/technology for nothing, are simply being unreasonable in my view, it’s just not practical for a commercial organisation and such costs have to be covered somewhere; so better to be specific to the product rather than a general cost of service.

I have a V+ box today, actually purchased at £45 around 3 years ago when VM put a special offer on their web site for new customers only but didn’t say this initially on the site, so existing customers could order before they corrected their mistake and increased the price to a £75 (so I was lucky).

So if you wait you will get a lower price in time, but suspect it could be 2012 at this rate on Tivo.

For the record I am registered for Tivo and I expect to pay the £189 price as I want it now!!

Forgot to mention that haven’t VM said they want to deploy the Tivo software on existing boxes where possible (Samsung V+ hasn’t got the CPU/memory power I suspect but SA V+ has and the Cisco HD only box is also OK?). It may be a cut down version of Tivo features with none of the Internet/apps features, but it may well be the new UI and useful new features like the 7 day in the past EPG and record whole programme if in the live recording buffer. That is my guess work but they have certainly mentioned deploying Tivo software to current devices so customers who do nothing may get some of the benefits of Tivo anyway.
I work it out that if they do 5.000 by the end of march then to do 20.000 will take until the end of of November l hope this is not the case as people will not be happy waiting this long seeing they told us that it would be coming out in late 2010.
Old 02-02-2011, 17:25   #1511
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Mr-S can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I'm sorry you don't believe me

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Due to DPA issues, we can't get involved in account/install issues on here, but post on our Community Forum and a member of staff from 2nd line will chase this up if they can.

It's one of those things we can't get involved with.

cheers
Cheers Ill follow up again as well with another email. Close to throwing the other SA V+ box out the window!
Old 02-02-2011, 17:26   #1512
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
If just been told by @virginmedia that ALL people that registered will be getting a call.
That is promising news. Lets hope that is correct information you've been given there. I just wish they would accept upgrades by us calling them! That would speed the process up no end!
Old 02-02-2011, 17:27   #1513
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

Stephen has corrected me, there are more than 4 callers so good. Suspect there will be a capacity issue on trained staff for installations but as more staff are trained the speed of installs can increase. Somebody has to be the last called and booked though out of 20,000+. Just hope it is not me!!
Old 02-02-2011, 17:54   #1514
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Stephen has corrected me, there are more than 4 callers so good. Suspect there will be a capacity issue on trained staff for installations but as more staff are trained the speed of installs can increase. Somebody has to be the last called and booked though out of 20,000+. Just hope it is not me!!
I didn't say how many though might only be 5 or 6 people calling customers
Old 02-02-2011, 17:56   #1515
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I didn't say how many though might only be 5 or 6 people calling customers
Stop messing with our heads!
Closed Thread