Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV
Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2008, 01:27   #16
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Boy View Post
Yes Virgin sign an Three year deal with Setanta last July.
Thank you for the quick reply TV Boy
Advertisement
Old 16-07-2008, 11:43   #17
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:

[Moderator Edit - Removed]

you are a class act tv boy !! keep it up.
Old 16-07-2008, 11:48   #18
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetypie/8 View Post
you are a class act tv boy !! keep it up.
He's certainly doing a sterling job.

By the way, the reason the new thread was opened was partly in response to comments from people that they didn't want to keep seeing that information posted in its entirety over and over again - it was making the thread rather difficult to follow.

For that reason I've taken the liberty of stripping it out of your post above
Old 16-07-2008, 15:09   #19
Ian58
Inactive

Ian58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks TV Boy.
Old 16-07-2008, 15:17   #20
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

great job tv boy.

just question can you find out if there is plans to get eurosport HD which is now transmitting in europe sat service its been anounced its going to sky.

I also have query on HD.

Can broadcasters when they have HD channels drop its non HD digital version and set it up if you watch it with HD/HDMI it gets shown in HD and if a standard tv sees the channel show it as a normal non HD mode. To me that would be practical way to set HD up unless this violates HCCP.

If this possible it would ease some bandwidth as there just 1 version of the channel not 2.
Old 16-07-2008, 15:27   #21
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
just question can you find out if there is plans to get eurosport HD which is now transmitting in europe sat service its been anounced its going to sky.
I think Virgin Media do want to carry Eurosport HD and Eurosport News but want to wait until they deal is up with Eurosport's owners TF1.

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertle View Post
I also have query on HD....

If this possible it would ease some bandwidth as there just 1 version of the channel not 2.
No HD need to used more bandwidth.

I mean Virgin can get FOUR SD Channels on air for ONE HD Channel.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 16-07-2008, 15:40   #22
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
I think Virgin Media do want to carry Eurosport HD and Eurosport News but want to wait until they deal is up with Eurosport's owners TF1.

-

No HD need to used more bandwidth.

I mean Virgin can get FOUR SD Channels on air for ONE HD Channel.
any idea when that deal expires ?

Speaking of HD it seems even Sky have less than half a million HD subscribers so you can see why VM take the attitude they do to the HD market
Old 16-07-2008, 15:45   #23
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I do not when any of the deals that Virgin Media have with the broadcasters is up.
Old 16-07-2008, 15:52   #24
Thebenster
Inactive

Services: XL Virgin TV, 2MB Virgin Broadband & Freeview
Thebenster is on a distinguished roadThebenster is on a distinguished road

Nicktoonsters is to launch on 18 August 2008.
Old 16-07-2008, 15:54   #25
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebenster View Post
Nicktoonsters is to launch on 18 August 2008.
- Only on Sky as far as I know.
Old 16-07-2008, 16:54   #26
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

eurosport contract i beleive end by end of this year but id nt have the exact date.
Old 16-07-2008, 17:22   #27
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi TV Boy, As you are a man of great knowledge, would you know if there are talks of ITV HD channels coming to VM, and any news of the basics, l know they are talking.
Old 16-07-2008, 17:37   #28
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi TV Boy, As you are a man of great knowledge, would you know if there are talks of ITV HD channels coming to VM, and any news of the basics, l know they are talking.
I have seen no news in months on the latest about Virgin and ITV / Sky in talks.
Old 16-07-2008, 17:38   #29
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Arthur how many times do you need to ask the same question and get the same response?

The basics aren't likely to come back any time soon the earliest i could see them coming back is summer 09

As for the ITV HD they are trying to get it but ITV want it exclusive to freesat for a while to get mroe customers then i believe they will be offering it out but SKY i believ will be offered it last to keep the competing between freesat and sky longer. The +1 channels of ITV might come beginging of next year there a differnet negetion.
Old 16-07-2008, 17:40   #30
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
Arthur how many times do you need to ask the same question and get the same response?

The basics aren't likely to come back any time soon the earliest i could see them coming back is summer 09

As for the ITV HD they are trying to get it but ITV want it exclusive to freesat for a while to get mroe customers then i believe they will be offering it out but SKY i believ will be offered it last to keep the competing between freesat and sky longer. The +1 channels of ITV might come beginging of next year there a differnet negetion.
i just found this about hd

Virgin Media has confirmed its policy on linear high definition content has not changed despite Sky's growing lineup of high definition channels.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...-launches.html
Closed Thread