Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 23-08-2016, 19:12   #6601
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So according to the above highlighted in bold, that would suggest that you have both VM and Sky? If this is the case isn't your total combined bill pretty high?
For me, when I rang up to completely cancel TV and just keep phone and BB a couple of years ago, it was cheaper for 6 months to keep one of the two Tivos that I had with TV M (pretty much Freeview channels) and then for the same price after that.

I guess they saw an advantage of giving me Tivo with TV M at no extra cost. Probably to keep their TV subscriber stats up and hoping I would be tempted to upgrade the TV package at some time in the future.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-08-2016, 19:42   #6602
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

With all these price rises it's no wonder people are turning to illegal ways of getting their TV channels! Many of my work colleagues think I'm mad for paying what I do for my TV. Don't get me I'm not advocating people go for these illegal ways,just saying it's not surprising.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 20:52   #6603
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Sky sports mix goes live at 12:30 on Wednesday Nasser Hussain will lead families and kids through a cricketing masterclass at the Ageas Bowl

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/new...ix-launch-show
My sky sports sub is only sd so I just had a look at mixhd, the difference was very noticeable, more than bt sd/hd I thought, and I now want to get an hd sub, wish I hadn't bothered looking
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 20:53   #6604
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
My sky sports sub is only sd so I just had a look at mixhd, the difference was very noticeable, more than bt sd/hd I thought, and I now want to get an hd sub, wish I hadn't bothered looking
Try Sky Sports UHD
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2016, 21:00   #6605
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Doesn't even bear thinking about
Old 26-08-2016, 21:45   #6606
veeemmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
I recorded the cricket Wednesday on MIX SD and it took up 9% of my 1TB Tivo. I would have expected a lot less than that but it was definitely the SD version. Lucky I am clearing down my recordings as previously I would have lost a lot. No idea why it used so much but I do know of some bugs with other programs using up far more space than they should do.
Old 26-08-2016, 22:05   #6607
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
I recorded the cricket Wednesday on MIX SD and it took up 9% of my 1TB Tivo.
What does it say the file size is?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 20:19   #6608
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Is the score being hidden on BT Sport a temporary glitch?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 20:22   #6609
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
God knows bud.
Old 10-09-2016, 20:26   #6610
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Strange.
Old 10-09-2016, 21:22   #6611
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Yes they apologised at the end of the match.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 22:11   #6612
thenry
Inactive

Thanks I missed that.
Old 10-09-2016, 22:42   #6613
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I try my hardest NOT to watch BT Sport. Sadly with Spurs in Europe, l have no choice but to watch it.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:01   #6614
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

What Arthur having to watch through gritted teeth to watch his beloved..
Old 11-09-2016, 13:25   #6615
pengedragon
cf.addict

if my team is on tv i couldnt care less what channel it's on as long as i can watch it