Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Changelog

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media Changelog

Old 03-11-2009, 20:58   #331
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media Changelog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle View Post
Buy a radio and save some bandwidth on the co-ax.

Actually, I'm sorry to see local radio services (or any services) being dropped but VM may see that these are available already via analogue FM or DAB and that the bandwidth can be better utilised for other purposes. The cost of carrying these services may not be seen as justifiable when compared with the perceived value that they provide. They may also be trying to simplify the process of merging the disparate ex-franchise platforms.
The only Radio Channel I like is Magic 105.4 and I cant get it my area - YET - I did buy my DAB Radio just for that channel (I did hear it on my old Sky Box before I got DAB).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2009, 22:11   #332
daveetwo
Inactive

daveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nicedaveetwo is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The only Radio Channel I like is Magic 105.4 and I cant get it my area - YET - I did buy my DAB Radio just for that channel (I did hear it on my old Sky Box before I got DAB).
Did you know magic 105.4 is available on the net?
daveetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 22:14   #333
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveetwo View Post
Did you know magic 105.4 is available on the net?
Yes.

But my DAB also get me up in the morning.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:31   #334
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of Today (05/11/09).

The following local Radio has been removed from the Virgin EPG.

On the Barnsley regional head end - covers Barnsley, Bradford, Huddersfield, Keighley, Leeds, Sheffield and Wakefield.

EPG. Channel Name
931. Hallam FM
933. 96.3 Radio Aire
937. The Pulse of West Yorkshire

On the Edinburgh regional head end - covers Dundee, Edinburgh, East Lothian, Fife, Linlithgow, Perth and parts of Falkirk.

EPG. Channel Name
932. 97.3 Forth One
933. Real Radio
936. Tay FM

On the Gateshead regional head end - covers Gateshead and Newcastle upon Tyne.

EPG. Channel Name
932. Metro Radio
933. Real Radio
934. TFM Radio
935. Magic 1152

On the Knowsley regional head end - covers Liverpool and Rainford.

EPG. Channel Name
932. Radio City 96.7
933. 97.4 Rock FM

On the Preston regional head end - covers Chorley, Preston and Wigan.

EPG. Channel Name
932. Magic 999
933. 97.4 Rock FM

On the Uddingston regional head end - covers North Lanarkshire, the West of Glasgow and parts of Falkirk.

EPG. Channel Name
931. 102.5 Clyde 1
932. 97.3 Forth One
933. Real Radio
Old 16-11-2009, 20:29   #335
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Ch 148 Zone Reality has rebranded to CBS Reality.
Old 30-11-2009, 12:50   #336
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of Today (30/11/09).

Movies 24 is been rebrand as Christmas 24 on Virgin Channel 424.
Old 30-11-2009, 12:52   #337
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

...or even being rebranded.

Some radio stations and BBC News Multiscreens which are already available to ex telewest areas are starting to appear in some ex ntl/cwc areas.
Old 30-11-2009, 16:00   #338
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Post Re: Virgin Media Changelog

I have BBC News Multiscreen now but the only additional radio station I've noticed is BBC Radio 4 LW and I don't recall if I had that before last week or not.

LIVING2 and LIVING2 +1 are now LIVINGit and LIVINGit +1 as predicted by Media Boy.
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Felim_Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 16:12   #339
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I have just been told that BBC Radio London is now broadcasting on Virgin Channel 937 in Ex-C&W areas in London.
Old 30-11-2009, 22:42   #340
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

From JG1970 on Digital Spy:

Local Radio Stations BRMB (Ch 964) & Beacon Radio (Ch 943) have ceased broadcasting on ex-Telewest platform in the Birmingham/Wolverhampton & Telford area.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:04   #341
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of Today (01/12/09):

-Magic is available for free to all L customers on Virgin Channel 340 until January 8th.
-Disney Cinemagic is now free to all Sky Movies customers on Virgin Channel 728.
-Fun Kids Radio has been removed from Virgin Channel 926.
-Sky Movies Screen 2 has been rebranded Sky Movies Christmas on Virgin Channel 412.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:30   #342
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
As of Today (01/12/09):

-Disney Cinemagic is now free to all Sky Movies customers on Virgin Channel 728.
Channel 412.
will it be free for a long time or is it just over 4 crimbo
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:39   #343
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's for good
Old 02-12-2009, 21:07   #344
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Just noticed that they have added a View From option on On Demand. When you select a programme to view, and the window with info comes up there is now this third option. You can put in say 1:11 and it will jump straight to it. Nice edition...particularly if you want to view a particular moment again :-)
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:25   #345
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

As of December 3rd.

BBC Radio London, BBC Radio 4 LW and BBC News Multiscreen is now broadcasting in East London on Virgin Media's Ex-C&W areas.

As of Today (04/12/09):
Absolute Xtreme has been rebranded Absolute 80s on Virgin Channel 951 Ahead of it launch at 7pm tonight.