Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 07-12-2011, 18:05   #16
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed doubling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I have no idea about the criteria VM are using for this, but why should it just be cost criteria?

Normally it's 'new customers get better deals than existing customers' and 'I've been with ntl for 20 years and don't get anything' so I would hope that VM are looking to reward customers on more than just who can afford to pay the most
I thought tickles were supposed to be to reward loyalty?

Quote:
Also weren't people complaning the other day that the Tickles were just PR uselessness?
Drinking chocolate!!!!!!!!!....need I say any more?
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2011, 18:05   #17
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

I think this thread will get interesting

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 18:06   #18
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I thought tickles were supposed to be to reward loyalty?
Yes but what I was trying to say is the spending the most does not equal loyalty
Old 07-12-2011, 18:12   #19
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
You will probably get the sachet of drinking chocolate like I did.
l have actually got a sachet of drinking chocolate for later tonight but l bought mine.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Quote:
l did not get that but a silly 08 tickle and in my mind that was just a cheap gimmick.

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Quote:
Yes but what I was trying to say is the spending the most does not equal loyalty
So what does in your mind then Ben.
Old 07-12-2011, 18:15   #20
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So what does in your mind then Ben.
My personal view? It's also things like length of time you've been with the company, and how many services you have in addition to how much you spend
Old 07-12-2011, 18:19   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
My personal view? It's also things like length of time you've been with the company, and how many services you have in addition to how much you spend
Well you are saying you have been with the company since the NTL days so one would hope that you would be awarded good loyalty discounts and l have been a Cable customer for the last 12 years and have got many services so one would hope that myself and many others who have been loyal would be rewarded from time to time accordingly.
Old 07-12-2011, 18:21   #22
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
so one would hope that myself and many others who have been loyal would be rewarded from time to time accordingly.
And who says you won't be.

This and the other Tickles that people have been getting recently aren't all that Virgin are going to be doing.
Old 07-12-2011, 18:25   #23
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
And who says you won't be.

This and the other Tickles that people have been getting recently aren't all that Virgin are going to be doing.
But you are not going to say much are you because of NDA's.
Old 07-12-2011, 18:27   #24
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
I think this thread will get interesting
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 18:35   #25
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

well if it to do with loyality i have been with virgin since blueyonder way back in 2000 so if might be loyality
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 18:56   #26
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Lucky you mine was empty
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 18:59   #27
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Lucky you mine was empty
Hows that.
Old 07-12-2011, 19:10   #28
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
well if it to do with loyality i have been with virgin since blueyonder way back in 2000 so if might be loyality
I see your 2000/blueyonder, and raise you 1994/Jones Cable/Bell Cablemedia/C&W Comms/NTL/VM...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 19:22   #29
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

eurobell/telewest/vm.. no tickles as of yet.. I'll sit here patiently waiting for a doubling
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 19:40   #30
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

i think it is great that they are rewarding customer loyalty like that. It is nice to get perks when you have been with a company for a long time
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote