Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What Router for media networking?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Homeplug AV2?

Old 14-04-2012, 23:23   #1
desi112
cf.member

Services: 200MB VM Cable
desi112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Homeplug AV2?

Hi Guys, I was wondering if you can help I have VM 60mb broadband and I only get around 34mb so I connected my laptop directly to the router and got around 67mb. Therefore the homeplug's I am using ( D Link 200mb ) are too slow.

I was wondering does anyone know of any homeplug av2 products? I've found these but unsure if they are AV2?

http://www.faculty-x.net/compare%20500mb+%20homeplug...

Newlink 500mbps Homeplug AV Ethernet adapters: 500mbps AV2

But when you click on the actual product nowhere does it state that it is homeplug av 2?
desi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2012, 23:40   #2
bomber_g
Inactive

Services: Lots
bomber_g will become famous soon enoughbomber_g will become famous soon enoughbomber_g will become famous soon enough
Re: Homeplug AV2?

I personally wouldn't recommend homeplug full stop unless it's really too much of a pain to run some Cat 5 around your building. If the kit you've got is rated at 200 meg, and your getting poor throughput, that kind of suggests the wiring in your building isn't really suited to carrying high speed data type stuff.
bomber_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 16:39   #3
GavChap
Inactive

Services: Virgin 60M BB, M+ TV, L Phone
GavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enoughGavChap will become famous soon enough
Re: Homeplug AV2?

I've got HomePlug AV a TP-Link 210 kit, I get about 45Mbit between PCs on the network. That's with the HomePlug connecting at (allegedly) 170Mbit.

You have to remember that 200Mbit is the max speed, and it's the MAC speed, so the symbol rate, you'd get about half the speed your plugs connect at. AV2 is faster, so if you got 34Mbit you will possibly get up to about 68Mbit on AV2.

Some info here: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwa...ne-charts/view
GavChap is offline   Reply With Quote