Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 05-09-2017, 10:58   #3796
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
One has been teetotal for 20 years TD.

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 ----------

Well knowing your history a short sharp shock by the Sally Army will be just the ticket for you old bean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foXs9bZq-vg

throw a nickel on the drum and save another drunken bum

Last edited by papa smurf; 05-09-2017 at 11:03.
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2017, 12:28   #3797
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has reached the bronze age
tweetiepooh has reached the bronze agetweetiepooh has reached the bronze agetweetiepooh has reached the bronze agetweetiepooh has reached the bronze agetweetiepooh has reached the bronze agetweetiepooh has reached the bronze agetweetiepooh has reached the bronze agetweetiepooh has reached the bronze agetweetiepooh has reached the bronze age

Digital Weather Station for wife's birthday - only a relatively cheap simple one, used-very good from Amazon. She really just wants the outside temperature but even the simple units that are rated good enough are not much cheaper than this one. Looking at prices the sensors (outside) can make up a fair bit of the price.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:31   #3798
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star
papa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny starpapa smurf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Digital Weather Station for wife's birthday - only a relatively cheap simple one, used-very good from Amazon. She really just wants the outside temperature but even the simple units that are rated good enough are not much cheaper than this one. Looking at prices the sensors (outside) can make up a fair bit of the price.
i just open a window it's either ahhh or arghhh
Old 05-09-2017, 18:08   #3799
Hom3r
All true..Except the lies

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1TB Tivo, 1 V+ Box, 1 V Box, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 4, 2TB & 3 TB WD NAS, Smart Home stuff, & Cudd
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, My first pre-order.

I hope it's worth the £955 price tag.

My Blog
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 19:17   #3800
denphone
Still alive and happy

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

Medical band after the other one broke.
Old 12-09-2017, 20:14   #3801
Paul M
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Tivo Multiroom : VM Cable (200 Mbps) : Sky BB (38 Mbps)
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I hope it's worth the £955 price tag.
£955 for a phone

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 20:17   #3802
denphone
Still alive and happy

denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling

You can get 3 decent phones for that.
Old 12-09-2017, 20:48   #3803
Osem
Expose lying hypocrites
Shark Attack Champion, Pacman Champion, Air Attack 3 Champion, MiniPool Champion

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Medical band after the other one broke.
Do you mean one of those medi-alert type things? Been considering one for Osem Jnr # 2 so would be interested in what you think and whether they'd be any good for someone with multiple medical issues.
Old 12-09-2017, 21:08   #3804
weenie
Believe in yourself ...
BlackJack Champion, Buzz Lightyear Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Hungry Bob Champion, Minigolf Champion, 5 In A Row Champion

Services: tv phone mobile broadband tivo and v+ hd box
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze

Osem do you mean something like this?

http://www.theidbandco.com/Premier-S...yABEgKdFfD_BwE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg medical.jpg (52.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 12-09-2017, 21:13   #3805
denphone
Still alive and happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Do you mean one of those medi-alert type things? Been considering one for Osem Jnr # 2 so would be interested in what you think and whether they'd be any good for someone with multiple medical issues.
These l get are for individual medical conditions as they can be purchased on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...ands+&_sacat=0
Old 12-09-2017, 21:20   #3806
joglynne
Posting with Cattitude.

Services: Full House (XL), Vivid 200, Phone Talk Weekends
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I have a Medic Alert bracelet and it gives me peace of mind that all my medical conditions, the associated medical teams and the phone numbers of my husband/son can be accessed through one phone number. I started with a cheaper set up that had a paper insert but I always worried that it wasn't a very robust solution. Medic Alert engraves your information on the back of the bracelet/disk together with their contact phone number. It isn't the cheapest option but I do think it is one of the best.

The only thing that my be a drawback is if Osem jnr decides he doesn't like the feel of it.

Oh and on a reassuring note the ambulance team who last had to get me to hospital when I collapsed noticed the medic alert symbol immediately as did the Doctor in A&E.
Old 12-09-2017, 21:37   #3807
Osem
Expose lying hypocrites
Shark Attack Champion, Pacman Champion, Air Attack 3 Champion, MiniPool Champion

Thanks guys yes that is what I mean. It's a good point about getting him to wear anything like that as he's never had a watch or anything like that so maybe we'll try him with a simple plastic bracelet and see if he tolerates it before deciding if this is the way forward.
Old 13-09-2017, 13:03   #3808
weenie
Believe in yourself ...
BlackJack Champion, Buzz Lightyear Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Hungry Bob Champion, Minigolf Champion, 5 In A Row Champion

Services: tv phone mobile broadband tivo and v+ hd box
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze
weenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronzeweenie is cast in bronze

Youth Dew perfume for my Mother in Law.
Old 14-09-2017, 19:07   #3809
denphone
Still alive and happy

2 DVD's.
Old 14-09-2017, 19:30   #3810
Osem
Expose lying hypocrites

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Youth Dew perfume for my Mother in Law.
Blimey that's a blast from the past. My mum used to wear that.