Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Upgrading to Premiere Collection (w/ 100MB) from XL PLus - cost?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Help With Huge Bill Please

Old 11-06-2012, 12:53   #1
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Services: Full House XL TV, SkySports HD, VM TiVo 500Gb, TiVo 1Tb, VHD Box. 200Mb BB, Talk More Anytime Phone
adzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enough
Help With Huge Bill Please

We have just recieved a big bill from VM for £209.27 and I just wanted to get a bit of advice before I ring them up.

Last month we upgraded to the VIP package in order to get Sky Movies added to our channels. (We already had a TiVo + a V+ Box, TV Xl, Sky Sports HD, Phone XL and 60Mb BB) The lady told me on the phone that it will only cost us £3.50 a month extra to sign up to VIP and get an extra TiVo box and to have the broadband upgraded to 100Mb. I thought great! until now when recieving this bill for £209.27 which is about £100 more than what we normally pay a month give a take a few pounds. I will say included in that bill is the £50 install fee for the extra TiVo, but still makes the bill much higher than the cost I was told it was going to be when I signed us up.

So is there anything I need to be armed with before I ring up customer services?
adzzzbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2012, 12:59   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Help With Huge Bill Please

I know this may be stating the obvious but make sure you've got that bill and the last bill in front of you when you phone - then you can easily see where the extra has come from so you can point the person you are speak to in that direction.

Otherwise you risk being discussing things you can't verify
Old 11-06-2012, 13:37   #3
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

You also need to remember that you pay a month in advance for everything therefore you have probably been charged two months for the Sky Movies package.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 15:01   #4
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Except if the difference in the package is £3.50 a month extra as suggested, the worst case would be an extra £7 on the bill for the package change (excluding any one off fees)
Old 11-06-2012, 18:13   #5
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Good point. Never really worked it out. Just thought it worth mentioning
Old 12-06-2012, 13:32   #6
adzzzbatch
Inactive

Services: Full House XL TV, SkySports HD, VM TiVo 500Gb, TiVo 1Tb, VHD Box. 200Mb BB, Talk More Anytime Phone
adzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enoughadzzzbatch will become famous soon enough

Have noticed something extra that we shouldn't have been charged for, £30 for a USB adapter. Just gotta find the other anomalies in the bill.

Oh and the lady on the phone wasn't lying the package cost is only £3 more than it used to be.
adzzzbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 14:26   #7
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

I'm sure you'll get it sorted out.